ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Switch PBS dependant(Tier 2 General) to Tier 2 General and Tier 2 General to PBS dependant

Post by bcsreenivas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm

My wife is working on Tier 2 General in a company. My son and me are her PBS dependants. We are now in UK. Now my wifes's company is in trouble and might close any time in 3 to 4 months.
I am working in a company. Now this company may sponsor me Tier 2 General Visa. This job is not under shortage of occupation list.

1. Does the company need resident labour market test doing for issuing the COS although I am working with them at present?
2. Do I need to leave UK to make an application for Tier 2 General after getting COS
3. Does my wife and my son need to leave the country for applying for PBS dependant visas on my Tier 2 General visa.

Please help
Last edited by bcsreenivas on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch PBS dependant(Tier 2 General) to Tier 2 General and Tier 2 General to PBS dependant

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm

1. Does the company need resident labour market test doing for issuing the COS although I am working with them at present?
Yes, RLMT is mandatory and must be done 100% properly regardless of whether you are working for them or not.
2. Do I need to leave UK to make an application for Tier 2 General after getting COS
Yes.
3. Does my wife and my son need to leave the country for applying for PBS dependant visas on my Tier 2 General visa.
They can apply within the UK once you return as the main Tier 2 G visa holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switch PBS dependant(Tier 2 General) to Tier 2 General and Tier 2 General to PBS dependant

Post by bcsreenivas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks very much for the reply.

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Post by bcsreenivas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm
Yes, RLMT is mandatory and must be done 100% properly regardless of whether you are working for them or not.
Yes.
They can apply within the UK once you return as the main Tier 2 G visa holder.

Is this referred somewhere in the UKBA website for visas and immigration?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Which point exactly are you asking about??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Post by bcsreenivas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm

On this point

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:34 pm

bcsreenivas wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm

On this point
Yes as it is NOT a shortage occupation job. RLMT is needed for ANY tier 2 application not a shortage job, whether you work for the employer or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 G question

Post by bcsreenivas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am

I am staying in UK on Dependant visa. If I apply for Tier 2 general visa from my home country and if Tier 2 General gets cancelled, Can i still come back on my previous dependant visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 G question

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:12 am

Once you apply and are granted a Tier 2 General main visa holder visa, your dependent visa is cancelled.

You would have to apply for a new dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Post by bcsreenivas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks for this. But I was looking for an answer(see highlighted yellow), "if Tier 2 General gets rejected, Can i still come back on the dependant visa.?" .. Sorry, I should have been more specific in my question.

I am staying in UK on Dependant visa. If I apply for Tier 2 general visa from my home country and if Tier 2 General gets rejected, Can i still come back on the dependant visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Rejected does not equal 'cancelled'.

If your tier 2 general is refused, it DOES NOT affect your dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bcsreenivas
Newly Registered
India

Post by bcsreenivas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 pm
Rejected does not equal 'cancelled'.

If your tier 2 general is refused, it DOES NOT affect your dependent visa.
Cheers on this..