ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa in France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unique_pintu
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa in France

Post by unique_pintu » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:56 pm

I have got my Work permit for France..

Now how can i bring my wife and how much time it will take to get the visa for her?

gani999

Re: Dependent Visa in France

Post by gani999 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:14 pm

unique_pintu wrote:I have got my Work permit for France..

Now how can i bring my wife and how much time it will take to get the visa for her?
What is your nationality and what is your wife's?

If you are from one of the countries that require an entry visa for France, you can apply for both your visas at the French Consulate in your country.
You will need:

1. A completed application form for a long term stay with the necessary photographs.

2. Your protocole-d-accueil, which is a document that your employer will send to you. You must get the original stamped by the consulate and have them return it to you.

3. Copies of the employment contract.

your wife will need

1. A separate completed application form for long stay. She must mention that she is going to live with you as your spouse.

2. Copy of your marriage certificate.

Depending on the country, they can take upto a week to give you your visa.

In addition, both you and your wife will have to get your birth certificates and marriage certificate translated into French by an approved translator. While this is not required for your visa, it will be required when you reach France and apply for your Titre-de-Sejour at the perfecture.

Good luck.

acm
Newly Registered

Post by acm » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:01 am

are u sure about that?

I heard it takes around an year for dependant to get long stay visa.

I have friends from tunisia who works in france 3 years. last year he got married in tunisia and still waiting for his wife to come.

he said its a year long process.

please confirm

gani999

Post by gani999 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:12 pm

acm wrote:are u sure about that?

I heard it takes around an year for dependant to get long stay visa.

I have friends from tunisia who works in france 3 years. last year he got married in tunisia and still waiting for his wife to come.

he said its a year long process.

please confirm
One Year???? very strange indeed. This is the first time I'm hearing this.

Of course, it does depend on the job and the income of the person who is sponsoring the dependent.

vishesh_malhotra
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for my spouse and kid(I got the work visa)IMP

Post by vishesh_malhotra » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:06 pm

I am planning to work in France for my Company (who also has an office in New Delhi too) for a period of around 9 months on some project. I have a spouse and a 10 month old son whom I want to take along with me during this entire period of stay.

My company has applied for my work permit and the application will be processed very soon and I will be called for an interview.

Since, my spouse and my infant kid are dependent,I have the following questions regarding their travel::

1. How should I proceed for their application. What documentation is needed for them ?
2. Is a letter from my employer (On the official letter head) is needed and will it be sufficient ?
3. If this letter is sufficient, does it need to be provided from New Delhi or French Office (Company's Office) ?
4. Is the visa need to be initiated from France for my family or Can I apply in New Delhi's French Consulate ?
5. If the visa is to be initiated from France, then does it need to be done from my French Employer or I can personally initiate it after reaching France (In case I cannot apply it at the New Delhi's French Consulate) ?
6. It will be very kind on your part if you please provide me this information

pierre75

Post by pierre75 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 pm

It-s a little bit complicate. Different possibilities and rules depending on your qualification, your salary, the lenght of your stay, Idiot spammer or not, if your company is French or foreign, etc ...

Ask your company or ask OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration - French agency in charge of migration and welcoming foreign people)

Siège : OFII, 44 rue Bargue - 75732 Paris Cedex 15
Tél. : 01 53 69 53 70 - Fax : 01 53 69 53 69
http://www.ofii.fr/defaut.php3
New forum in french for binationals Europe/third country couples and families :
http://multinational.leforum.eu

vishesh_malhotra
Newly Registered

Post by vishesh_malhotra » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Hello Pierre,

Thanks for the reply.

My company is not too sure about the information.

The period will be around 9-10 months. Salary will be good as compared to the European stds. and My company is a french (Govt. funded)

Regards
Vishesh

\
pierre75 wrote:It-s a little bit complicate. Different possibilities and rules depending on your qualification, your salary, the lenght of your stay, Idiot spammer or not, if your company is French or foreign, etc ...

Ask your company or ask OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration - French agency in charge of migration and welcoming foreign people)

Siège : OFII, 44 rue Bargue - 75732 Paris Cedex 15
Tél. : 01 53 69 53 70 - Fax : 01 53 69 53 69
http://www.ofii.fr/defaut.php3

C_Dunn
Newly Registered

Post by C_Dunn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Hello,

I have a similar situation. My wife and I are American, and I am thinking of going to Sciences Po in Paris for grad school. A student visa for me shouldn't be a problem, but a work visa for my wife (teacher) might be a deal-breaker. Naturally, if my wife is unable to work, things will not go so smoothly.

Having a student visa, would my wife's work visa be facilitated? How should I go about solving this issue?

Cheers,

lifeart

Post by lifeart » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 am

Are any of you EU-citizens? If not, your wife will not be able to work in France, wether you have a student visa or not.
Non-EU citizens need to find a company with a specific job-offer that is willing to sponsor them for a work visa. This will only be approved if no French or EU citizen can be found for the job (all across the EU, not just in France). As you can see this will be very difficult if not impossible to do, especially in the current economical climate