ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Extension Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeetL

FLR (M) Extension Questions

Post by GeetL » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi there,

On the subject of documents, my husband's visa is due to expire in April and we are preparing all the documents for this extension application. Can anyone advise on which documents need to be dated within 28 days of the application please? I guess bank statements need to be within 28 days but do employment letters and contracts need to be dated within 28 days?

Also is this 28 days from the date that you submit the online application or is this 28 days from the date you get an appointment for the premium service?

If my salary covers the financial requirement should we still include my husband's salary, employment letter and payslips?

Finally does anyone have any idea how soon an appointment is available after submitting the form online? My husbands visa is due to expire in April and we are aiming for a mid-March appointment since you can't apply until 28 days before - could I submit before 28 days and get an appointment within the 28 day period?

Thanks for your help in advance.

prjose
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Extension Questions

Post by prjose » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:47 pm

GeetL wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:15 pm

On the subject of documents, my husband's visa is due to expire in April and we are preparing all the documents for this extension application. Can anyone advise on which documents need to be dated within 28 days of the application please? I guess bank statements need to be within 28 days but do employment letters and contracts need to be dated within 28 days? .
28 days recent documents are related to financial documents. So in my opinion it would be pay-slip, bank statements and employer letter.

There was a recent post here about a visa rejection because the documents were 30 days old. Do not take a chance in my opinion.
GeetL wrote:

Also is this 28 days from the date that you submit the online application or is this 28 days from the date you get an appointment for the premium service?
If you're attending premium service then 28 days counted backwards from date of appointment of premium service, if it is postal 28 days counted backwards from the date you post the application.

GeetL wrote:

If my salary covers the financial requirement should we still include my husband's salary, employment letter and payslips?
The fundamental requirement is to meet £18600 salary . If either ( you or your spose) of your salary meets that it should be fine. My case was similar so I just submitted financial documents( payslips, statements, employer letter ) for one of us. Probably a good idea to keep you application as simple as you can.

Please confirm all the above once more from experts.

Its a lot of money so really worth confirming everything.