ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee to visit country of origin?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Refugee to visit country of origin?

Post by nihad » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Hello

I have a question regarding visiting country of origin,

I have refugee status in UK and my travel document says clearly that l’m not allowed to visit to my country of origin,
My Mum is really poorly and l need to see her, is there any chance to request for permission from Home office to visit my country for short period of time as it’s really emergency to see my Mum before something happens to her.

Thanks

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Refugee to visit country of origin?

Post by New on forum » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm

nihad wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:50 pm
Hello

I have refugee status in UK and my travel document says clearly that l’m not allowed to visit to my country of origin,
My Mum is really poorly and l need to see her, is there any chance to request for permission from Home office to visit my country for short period of time as it’s really emergency to see my Mum before something happens to her.

Thanks
Sorry to hear about your situation it can be very difficult.
Visiting your country or applying passport from your country or even asking permission to visit is likely to jeopardise your refugee status.
Where are you from?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:09 pm

New on forum wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm
nihad wrote:
Hello

Thanks
Visiting your country or applying passport from your country or even asking permission to visit is likely to jeopardise your refugee status.
Where are you from?
Likely Iraq as the OP's flag indicates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Post by nihad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 pm

New on forum wrote:
nihad wrote:
Hello

Thanks
Where are you from?
From Iraq

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:34 pm

nihad wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:27 pm
New on forum wrote:
nihad wrote:
Hello

Thanks
Where are you from?
From Iraq
The best option you may have is travel to a neighbouring country and meet your family there but that obviously depends if your mum is able to travel.

nihad
Mood:
Iraq

Post by nihad » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm

She is very poorly and can’t travel unfortunately

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:11 pm

nihad wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 pm
She is very poorly and can’t travel unfortunately
Are you willing (and able) to give up refugee status and return to your country? Iraq is obviously a lot more stable now. You mention that your mother is living there. If she can live there safely with the present situation, presumably you could as well?