ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

short days to ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorcarkion
Newly Registered

short days to ILR

Post by gorcarkion » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:27 pm

I am senior carer here my visa is under work permit I started working here last April 2004. My second work permit the HO gave me 3 years till Apr 2009 its my 5th year here but I am short of 10 days to apply for ILR it means I need to renew my visa on 2009 before I can apply for my ILR?

Is senior carer is included in Tier 2?

Cheers
Last edited by gorcarkion on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gorcarkion
Newly Registered

Post by gorcarkion » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Sorry if my questions are complicated to understand:(

Do you think that when I am going to renew my visa on 2009 I am included already on HSMP category? Though I am on a work permit visa since 2004 and renewed last 2005 for 3 years on a work permit category again.

Thanks

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:11 am

28 days before you complete 5 years, you can already apply for ILR. So I think, you will have no problem with the 10 days. (senior members, pls correct me if I'm wrong.)

Tier 2 replaces the work permit category but your visa until 2009 will still be valid.

If it happens that the 10 days will give you a problem, you can apply for a Tier 2 extension (which I think is equivalent to FLR) or Tier 1 if you meet the required no. of points.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:42 pm

every one have to go through two assessment this is game plan

1+3+3
1+4+3
2+3+3

by nov 08 they will come with scheme that u got probationarey extn

and on terms of present scheme ie degree , age , earing etc

if u see home office last 2 years track u can make trend after analysis

nov 08 rules wll be passed as they r in majority and new election are in may 09

so they will do all to remove who sold houses and not in good postion to survive here

so hope u r ready for another extn as per present terms