ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage registration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Original1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage registration

Post by Original1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi my husband's (Islamically married) passport is currently with the Home Office as we have put in an application for FLR (FP) in September 2017. Biometrics for the FLR(FP) was done in October. We would like to have a register office marriage but the Register Office have said that they need the HO to send them a copy of my husband's passport. We have written to the HO three times to request that they send a copy of his passport directly to the Register Office but they have not replied to us. Does anyone have any advice in this?

Stephens28
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage registration

Post by Stephens28 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 am

I am currently going through the same with the home office. Go to the return of documents online form. Fill it out and ask for the passport to be return and make sure to tick you don’t want to withdrawl your application. Within a day I received an email, it said I can’t have it returned but they will send a certified copy if I provide address of registry office. If you are non eea, you have to go to a specific home office registry office for your area. They took about 15-20 days and I received a signed for letter with confirmation of the copy sent to the registry office to give notice(including the signed for tracking for the copy). Hope that helps!

hadenough
United Kingdom

Post by hadenough » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Original1 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 pm
Hi my husband's (Islamically married) passport is currently with the Home Office as we have put in an application for FLR (FP) in September 2017. Biometrics for the FLR(FP) was done in October. We would like to have a register office marriage but the Register Office have said that they need the HO to send them a copy of my husband's passport. We have written to the HO three times to request that they send a copy of his passport directly to the Register Office but they have not replied to us. Does anyone have any advice in this?
hi

I had the same issue. I wrote to the home office and was waiting for about a month without a reply. I then applied it online by filling a form and my solicitor received the certified copy with 2 weeks. so my advice would be to apply online by filling the form. there will be a question asking whether you want to have the passport returned back to you,so make sure you tick "No".

Original1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Original1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Thank you Stephens28 & hadenough 🙂

Original1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Original1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Just realised today that my husband's passport expired in September last year & the Register Office have said they will only accept a current passport. So even if the HO send a copy of his passport to the Register Office they will probably reject it. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.