ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU self-sufficient child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angie77

EU self-sufficient child

Post by Angie77 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:59 am

My children are EU living in the UK for 2 years. My husband and I have just been naturalized British citizens.
I bought CSI for the children to make them EU self-sufficient. I have received the Insurance paperwork this week and I have realized that the insurance cover is starting a week after we(parents) had become British citizens. I have read some guidelines for this new settled status for EU citizens and I am unsure if Health insurance gonna still be a requirement for the Permanent residence.
My question is; Does this 1 week without insurance will reset the clock to PR of the children? When it comes to applying for their British citizenship, Does minors also have to be living in the UK for 6 years (5years+ 1 year PR)?

TIA