ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Naturalisation - Requesting Original Documents (Urgent)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alex_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applied for Naturalisation - Requesting Original Documents (Urgent)

Post by Alex_123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 am

Hello,

I hope somebody will be able to help me with this issue.

I have recently applied for naturalisation as an EEA citizen, and have received a letter from the HO requesting my passport to cover the period of the last year. Additionally, it states that EEA citizens should include additional proof of residency.

The issue is, I have done both of these things already. I have included both, my passport, and letters from my educational establishments confirming that I am a student there. It should be pointed out, that the letter from my educational establishment covered the period from 2013 to 2017, and I have started a new course in Autumn 2018 for which I have also provided letters. Yet they are only dissatisfied with my proof of residency from 2017-2018.

What should I do? Should I send them new letters?

rely1458
United Kingdom

Re: Applied for Naturalisation - Requesting Original Documents (Urgent)

Post by rely1458 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am

Do the periods covered by the letters have any gaps between them?

Alex_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alex_123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am

rely1458 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am
There is a three-month gap between finishing my undergraduate degree and starting my masters degree from July 2017-October 2017. However, seeing as this was a summer holiday period and that I was not enrolled anywhere, I can't really prove my residency in that period apart from bank statements, which they do not accept anyway.

Surely they would have specified that they wanted evidence for this three-month period, rather than the entire year?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

Write back and say that you had already submitted the requested documents (passport(s), official documents from college, etc.,) with the application. Ask them to confirm that they have not lost these documents. Request clarification on what extra documents they require.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Alex_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alex_123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:26 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am
Write back and say that you had already submitted the requested documents (passport(s), official documents from college, etc.,) with the application. Ask them to confirm that they have not lost these documents. Request clarification on what extra documents they require.
Thanks, I'll include these queries within my letter, alongside resubmission of those documents!

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 am

Alex_123 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am
rely1458 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am
There is a three-month gap between finishing my undergraduate degree and starting my masters degree from July 2017-October 2017. However, seeing as this was a summer holiday period and that I was not enrolled anywhere, I can't really prove my residency in that period apart from bank statements, which they do not accept anyway.

Surely they would have specified that they wanted evidence for this three-month period, rather than the entire year?
They do accept bank statements, utility bills, official-looking correspondence (ie not junk mail, etc). there are a lot of less formal ways you can prove your residency that they will consider.
You can also send signed tenancy agreements.