ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doctors as acceptable referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mynameis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Doctors as acceptable referees

Post by mynameis » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Hello,
I want confirmation regarding the acceptable list of referees for applying for British citizenship.
Could a doctor (a personal friend) act as the professional referee? I've heard conflicting things about this as I know the profession has been left of the list. Is the list exhaustive? Have been succeeded with doctors as their referees? Have they failed?
Many Thanks for the Help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Doctors as acceptable referees

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Doctors used to be on the list and were removed.

Your choice if you want to take the chance. If HO aren't happy, they will ask you to provide another professional referee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:32 pm

mynameis wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm
Is the list exhaustive?
No its not.
mynameis wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm
Have been succeeded with doctors as their referees? Have they failed?
As CR001 said, you can take a chance. I used doctor as a personal reference & a company director as a professional.

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:29 pm

My wife's naturalisation application was approved last month and she had GP as one of the referee. They are not on the list as it was removed based on their request. The reasoning was that they would rather spend time taking care of patients than filling these forms!