ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

8 years in Nowhere... Or,failed asylum seekers...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spartak
Newly Registered

8 years in Nowhere... Or,failed asylum seekers...

Post by Spartak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:22 am

Hello to All!
I Has arrived from Russia ,has asked a refuge, as well,as another 99%-refusal. 8 of years under control HO.(I come on all interview, report every week..!, in police).I was a citizen of the USSR, now Russia does not accept me, as I not the citizen of Russia. Any documents confirming my person on arrival I had not and don`t have NOW, already here has made legal documents for work, bank, NIN and...
QUESTION: Who know cases,when someone has received any status on the basis:HO for such long time has not solved case,or the person without citizenship?
I will be grateful, for any useful advice.Thanks!
Last edited by Spartak on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

salimnina
BANNED

Post by salimnina » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:23 am

look for legacy cases

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:45 am

What citizenship do you hold?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:10 am

Rubbish, Russia always considers it's citizens Russian, acknowledges no other citizenships held and you can only rescind Russian citizenship by doing so formally.

On what basis was your claim for asylum?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:28 am

salimnina wrote:look for legacy cases
I had received the letter from HO (Case Resolution Directorate)
from 6/11/2007 begins with words: " Thanks for your letter from 20may2003,accept an apology for a delay...... We advise you to leave the country, it is better for making up to... Duma and Federation Council passed amendments to the law, extending the deadline for former Soviet citizens to obtain Russian citizenship until 01/01/2008... " That is mean,my case has gone on a shelf...?
Unfortunately again.

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:36 am

sakura wrote:What citizenship do you hold?
I DO NOT HAVE CITIZENSHIP ANY COUNTRY.

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 am

Wanderer wrote:Rubbish, Russia always considers it's citizens Russian, acknowledges no other citizenships held and you can only rescind Russian citizenship by doing so formally.
Duma and Federation Council passed amendments to the law, extending the deadline for former Soviet citizens to obtain Russian citizenship until 01/01/2008... "

Please,please...
QUESTION:
Who know cases,when someone has received any status on the basis:HO for such long time has not solved case,or the person without citizenship?
I will be grateful, for any useful advice.Thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:40 pm

I don't get it.

In 2000 you should have changed your Soviet Union internal passport for a Russian one, but not doing that doesn't make you lose your citizenship. My gf only changed hers in 2005 (and got fined for it). She's still a Russian citizen.

I assume you're basing you asylum case on being Stateless, but I don't think you are. If you think you please explain why.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 pm

What country were you born in? Russia? Ukraine? Somewhere else?

I THINK (I am not certain) the law for former Soviet citizens applies to people coming back to Russia after having resided in other former Soviet states. Especially it was targeted at people born in these territories to Soviet citizens and who were considered Soviet citizens but - for some reason or another - did not have or did not want the citizenship of the former occupied territory they were residing in after the break up of the USSR.

If you were born in Russia, you are a Russian citizen. The government cannot just declare you to be stateless. There has to be some reason/mechanism for you to obtain stateless status.

Which 'country' issued your birth certificate ?

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:45 pm

GF's mother was born in KZ, she got a Russian passport on break up of SU without issue.

Mind u she is ethnic Russian.

Should point out that the 'passport' here is more of an ID card, not an international one.

Funnily enough my gf's old one that expired was issued in 1998 or something but still says 'CCCP' all over it, they used to old blanks till they ran out...

Looks like OP is hoping making himself stateless will get him residency here and not have to return home

AlexCh

Re: 8 years in Nowhere... Or,failed asylum seekers...

Post by AlexCh » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 am

Spartak wrote:Hello to All!
I Has arrived from USSR,has asked a refuge, as well,as another 99%-refusal. 8 of years under control HO.(I come on all interview, report every week..!, in police).I was a citizen of the USSR, now Russia does not accept me, as I not the citizen of Russia.
The USSR ceased to exist 16.5 years ago, therefore you could not be a Soviet citizen 8 years ago, unless you came from one of the Baltic states, which are members of EU now.

salimnina
BANNED

Post by salimnina » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Spartak wrote:
from 6/11/2007 begins with words: " Thanks for your letter from 20may2003,accept an apology for a delay...... We advise you to leave the country, it is better for making up to... Duma and Federation Council passed amendments to the law, extending the deadline for former Soviet citizens to obtain Russian citizenship until 01/01/2008... " That is mean,my case has gone on a shelf...?
Unfortunately again.
I think you're part of the legacy case, try to get some proper advise from a solicitor, this is the way, yes, you can get help here but again a solicitor will do something, here you just get words, solicitor can get you status, may be the H/O is trying to get rid of you and me and everyone else who's here as a refugee, but you have to do your bit and fight for it, I had a letter from them stating that my case is still kind of pending, but again they asked me to leave voluntarily, wish you all the best

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:19 pm

salimnina wrote:
Spartak wrote:
Unfortunately again.
I think you're part of the legacy case, try to get some proper advise from a solicitor, this is the way, yes, you can get help here but again a solicitor will do something, here you just get words, solicitor can get you status, may be the H/O is trying to get rid of you and me and everyone else who's here as a refugee, but you have to do your bit and fight for it, I had a letter from them stating that my case is still kind of pending, but again they asked me to leave voluntarily, wish you all the best
But what is he a refugee from?

Spartak
Newly Registered

Re: 8 years in Nowhere... Or,failed asylum seekers...

Post by Spartak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:16 pm

But what is he a refugee from?

It`s no`t actual any more,because 99% refuse

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:42 pm

salimnina thanks for the help, but my case has already " I had received the letter from HO (Case Resolution Directorate) from 6/11/2007 " considered.
Whether I asked advice it is possible to receive the status on the basis of long stay here or as the person without citizenship, but anybody here knows nothing or try say any amusing stories being played in the detective an essence nothing answering???
Last edited by Spartak on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Administrator wrote:.

What country were you born in? Russia? Ukraine? Somewhere else?

I THINK The government cannot just declare you to be stateless. There has to be some reason/mechanism for you to obtain stateless status.

Which 'country' issued your birth certificate ?

the Admin
Thank YOU for the answer, you in many respects are right but... how still it is possible to tell, that it was clear: on a default you cannot become citizenship any country. I was born in the USSR.And I am no citizen of any country now.
"Duma and Federation Council passed amendments to the law, extending the deadline for former Soviet citizens to obtain Russian citizenship until 01/01/2008... "

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:00 pm

But you DO have citizenship. You don't lose it by not changing a passport.

Can you tell us which country or former USSR republic you are from? Po-russkiy esli ty hochesh...

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:But you DO have citizenship. You don't lose it by not changing a passport.

Can you tell us which country or former USSR republic you are from? Po-russkiy esli ty hochesh...
Yes, i was born in (Russia)USSR.
"Duma and Federation Council passed amendments to the law, extending the deadline for former Soviet citizens to obtain Russian citizenship until 01/01/2008... "
How I can say clear:IT IS THE LAW!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Spartak wrote:
Wanderer wrote:But you DO have citizenship. You don't lose it by not changing a passport.

Yes, i was born in (Russia)USSR.
How I can say clear:IT IS THE LAW!
I think that law was for those in the wrong republic at the time of the fall of the Soviet Union, example my gf's mum, Kazhakstan born but living in Russia.

For everyone else transfer of citizenship was automatic, but I will check with my gf's dad - he knows these things......

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:33 pm

I think that law was for those in the wrong republic at the time of the fall of the Soviet Union, example my gf's mum, Kazhakstan born but living in Russia.

For everyone else transfer of citizenship was automatic, but I will check with my gf's dad - he knows these things......
Whether I asked advice it is possible to receive the status on the basis of long stay here or as the person without citizenship, but anybody here knows nothing or try say any amusing stories being played in the detective an essence nothing answering???

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Spartak wrote:

Well if you don't give us the full story you can't blame us for asking or guessing.

No, anyway - long residence is 10 years legal stay, but if you've been refused this clock is most likely stopped or reset. Other than that it's 14 years any stay.

Claiming you are stateless or making yourself stateless is no basis for an asylum claim, especially cos you are a Russian citizen whether you like it or not.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Just to top this for the benefit of others, the OP is not listening anyway, I spoke to my friends in Russia and these are the points they make;

1. All Soviet Citizens residing in Russia at establishment of RF (Russian Federation) gained RF citizenship automatically.

2. Procedures where put in place for those born in RF but moved to different republics and visa-versa to formally gain RF citizenship.

3. Time was given to others wanting RF citizenship, presumably the 'time' being the 01/01/2008 deadline mentioned by the OP and therefore not applicable to him.

4. The only real 'proof' of RF citizenship is the domestic passport which is really more of an ID card. Russians need a 'travelling' passport to travel internationally.

5. The OP IS a Russian citizen since no-one in Russian Law can deprive him of that except himself by renouncing it.

So, in summary, unless the OP renounced his RF citizenship, or has not told us everything material to his situation, he is still a citizen of the Russian Federation.

If he has renounced his RF citizenship, and made himself stateless, I dunno what he can do, I doubt the HO will be sympathetic since that opens the doors to anyone doing the same...

Since the HO have refused his spurious asylum claim, I assume he would need to request his Russian passport from the Russian embassy to which he is entitled and go home.

I spent a lot of time on this for no audience!

Davai poka!

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:18 am

Wanderer wrote:Just to top this for the benefit of others, the OP is not listening anyway, I spoke to my friends in Russia and these are the points they make;

1. All Soviet Citizens residing in Russia at establishment of RF (Russian Federation) gained RF citizenship automatically.

2. Procedures where put in place for those born in RF but moved to different republics and visa-versa to formally gain RF citizenship.

3. Time was given to others wanting RF citizenship, presumably the 'time' being the 01/01/2008 deadline mentioned by the OP and therefore not applicable to him.

4. The only real 'proof' of RF citizenship is the domestic passport which is really more of an ID card. Russians need a 'travelling' passport to travel internationally.

5. The OP IS a Russian citizen since no-one in Russian Law can deprive him of that except himself by renouncing it.

So, in summary, unless the OP renounced his RF citizenship, or has not told us everything material to his situation, he is still a citizen of the Russian Federation.

If he has renounced his RF citizenship, and made himself stateless, I dunno what he can do, I doubt the HO will be sympathetic since that opens the doors to anyone doing the same...

Since the HO have refused his spurious asylum claim, I assume he would need to request his Russian passport from the Russian embassy to which he is entitled and go home.

I spent a lot of time on this for no audience!

Davai poka!
Great post - didnt fall on deaf ears.

Ive been a long time lurker - got lots of info from the likes of you and others. Only really needed to post a thread on here last month.

But I have noticed a trend where rather than looking for legit advice, many (up to know good - and boy do they know it), just want a quick-fix to situation that borders on illegality and deception -= and get angry when the 'quick-fix' is not forthcoming!

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:43 am

Sounds like you are in a very similar position as Tom Hanks from the film Terminal.

Spartak
Newly Registered

Post by Spartak » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:36 am

Wanderer wrote:... presumably the 'time'
Thank YOU for your long tirade, but it:
1. Not on a theme.
2. Absolutely useless.
ОК, a simple question,I will speak silly language so you would understand me:
1. There is at me a Russian citizenship if I never ever had received, and did not asked it. (except for the USSR)????
2. Why the Russian Federation embassy already 5 times have given up to me in citizenship on the ground that they do not have such citizen (that naturally as I had never ever any Russian passport or citizenship)???
3. My USSR passport expired more then 10 year ago, ask the RF about Russian citizenship I can on the same bases what to ask about the Chinese citizenship ("Duma and Federation Council passed amendments to the law, extending the deadline for former ALL Soviet citizens to obtain Russian citizenship until 01/01/2008... "
4. As I can prove the Russian nonexistent citizenship???
5. If I know and is assured that never received and had no Russian Federation citizenship why You are assured that you know is better that I did and what was not present???