ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS still available ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajgil5

NCS still available ?

Post by sajgil5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Hey guys

quick question i read in some thread before that NCS was discontinued ? but i log in to my council site and it shows appointments available ?

i thought it was replaced by another service

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: NCS still available ?

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:41 am

sajgil5 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 pm
Hey guys

quick question i read in some thread before that NCS was discontinued ? but i log in to my council site and it shows appointments available ?

i thought it was replaced by another service
You are probably confusing this with the additional JCAP service that some NCS locations are offering. This service enables you to apply for a British passport at the same time as applying for British Citizenship. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:11 am

It's definitely still available. A couple of newer services like previously mentioned JCAP and NDRS have also been introduced.

sajgil5

Post by sajgil5 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 pm

thx ya it shows up again now on my council site but they havent got the NDRS option yet and i want to apply via online so its quicker

could i apply for NDRS appointment via another council or does it have to be our local ones onlY ?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:30 am

NCS has stopped checking Passport JCAP at mine and a few other councils nearby.
From council website.
We check your original documents, verify and copy them and forward them securely to UK Visas and Immigration where your application will be considered. Please note that we are not able to give advice on immigration matters or criteria, and passport checking is no longer available with this service.

Blues1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blues1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 am

I think most if not all Councils have stopped taking any new appointments for NCS + JCAP together. If you made your booking in advance, they will continue to honour those.

There is now 3 options (though not all council yet offer this)

1. NCS Only - This is where you take the Paper application for Naturalisation to them along with supporting docs

2. NDRS Only - This is where you apply online, but take supporting docs for them to photocopy and send

3. JCAP - This is NDRS and the Paper Passport application together now.

It's explained here quite well: https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/birth ... g-service/

Councils that offer NCS don't all offer the NDRS or the new JCAP yet. I rang some places up that are listed https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-england , but they said they didn't offer NDRS/JCAP yet but might in future (staff need training etc).

Some council websites haven't been updated to say they do offer NDRS. e.g. I got an appointment at Sheffield register office, on their website there's no mention of NDRS/JCAP, but when I rang to ask they said they offer it. So always worth ringing up and finding out if a council near you are offering it yet.

Plus the new NDRS/JCAP is cheaper too :)

sajgil5

Post by sajgil5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Hey thanks for the info.. seems like my council / staff is really outdated i called and they had no idea what NDRS is .. i asked about NCS they said we stopped it.. and i am like no you dint its still showing appointments on your site and they are like ya we do it but no passport.. so seems like they have no interest..

does anyone know if i can use any other nearby ones which offer the NDRS coz i want to apply online so thats its quicker .. i cud apply online and post but i want my docs as i need to send it with my sons PP application

it seems from few posts here that doing online application quickens it ... if i din use any of these service how does it work .. does home office return ORG documents etc with approval ? as i wud need biocard ? for my sons pp

Blues1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Blues1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm

You can use any council anywhere in the country that offer these services. It does not need to be your local one.

sajgil5

Post by sajgil5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:30 pm

wow is that true... thx i thought it had to be nearest council thanks .. now need to find one that offers in london

thx again