ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointment Re-Schedule Date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arunkmajumdar
India

ILR to Passport - 1 Couple (Tier 2 General & PBS Dependent) + 2 YO (Born in UK)

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi

We are a family of three
1. Husband - Tier 2 General Visa
2. Spouse - PBS Dependent
3. 2+ YO Child (born in the UK) - PBS Dependent

We have started applying for ILR for the adults in the family.
1. Booked Life in the UK Test (10 Mar)
2. Booked Premium Service at Croydon (20 Mar)

I have 2 basic questions before I get into the details
Q1 : our degrees are taught in India and we used a point based calculator earlier to obtain 10 points for that. Is this to be done by NARIC which is £150 service for each?
Q2 : For the premium service, will we get our passport and visas back on the date (20 Mar)? We have a week of Easter Holiday coming and we will be going out of the UK.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR to Passport - 1 Couple (Tier 2 General & PBS Dependent) + 2 YO (Born in UK)

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Q1 : our degrees are taught in India and we used a point based calculator earlier to obtain 10 points for that. Is this to be done by NARIC which is £150 service for each?
Your wife, as a PBS Dependent, was not required to prove English for her dependent visa. She will need UK NARIC or an English test.
Q2 : For the premium service, will we get our passport and visas back on the date (20 Mar)? We have a week of Easter Holiday coming and we will be going out of the UK.
You get your documents and passport back on the day, if your application is successful. You do not get your Tier 2 BRP cards back. Your ILR BRP card is delivered by DX Couriers between 2 and 10 days after your appointment. You should not travel unless you have them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arunkmajumdar
India

Re: ILR to Passport - 1 Couple (Tier 2 General & PBS Dependent) + 2 YO (Born in UK)

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:22 pm
Your wife, as a PBS Dependent, was not required to prove English for her dependent visa. She will need UK NARIC or an English test.

she will or she won't?
You get your documents and passport back on the day, if your application is successful. You do not get your Tier 2 BRP cards back. Your ILR BRP card is delivered by DX Couriers between 2 and 10 days after your appointment. You should not travel unless you have them.
Can I not request to keep the BRP and submit it again after Easter Holiday? May be a silly Qs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm

No, as it becomes invalid once ILR is granted.

Either postpone your premium appointment till you return or reschedule your trip.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Reschedule the appointment it has to be. Already invested more than £'000 on this Easter trip.

Regarding dependant ILR - just to clear she doesn't need an English Test or NARIC UK certification.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Got it. Thanks.

Now another question - ILR is heavy investment which I am talking to my current employer to sponsor the cost. However I have now paid £5924 for premium services at Croydon. I will re-schedule the appointment from 20 Mar to early April. I understand there will be a revised fees after 6 April or so, when I re-schedule, will I have to excess additional fees (assuming fees will go us, again!) or since I paid this side of the April, I would be fine.

Thanks

PS - It is rip-off.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Your existing fees you have paid remain what you pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arunkmajumdar
India

Tier 2 General to ILR - Changing Sponsors

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 pm

I am in T2 General visa with my 3rd sponsor.

1. T2 General - Sponsor 1 - Jan 2013 to Oct 2014
2. T2 General - Sponsor 2 - Oct 2014 to Apr 2017
3. T2 General - Current Sponsor - Apr 2017 to Jan 2019

A number of people telling me when I apply for new T2 General with sponsor, the 5 years clock gets reset so I am not eligible to apply now? I read it somewhere it is not the case and I can apply for ILR.

Am I wrong?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - Changing Sponsors

Post by makky86 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm

arunkmajumdar wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 pm
I am in T2 General visa with my 3rd sponsor.

1. T2 General - Sponsor 1 - Jan 2013 to Oct 2014
2. T2 General - Sponsor 2 - Oct 2014 to Apr 2017
3. T2 General - Current Sponsor - Apr 2017 to Jan 2019

A number of people telling me when I apply for new T2 General with sponsor, the 5 years clock gets reset so I am not eligible to apply now? I read it somewhere it is not the case and I can apply for ILR.

Am I wrong?
So someone tell you something and you believe? Just dont listen to people , read the guidance !!!!

You can have any sponsors throughout 5 yearrs. If your first Tier 2 was issues in Jan 2013 then you alreday completed 5 years in Jan 2018. Why have not you applied yet?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

arunkmajumdar
India

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - Changing Sponsors

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 pm

I work in professional services and today my Advisory People Lead (a very Senior Partner) who leads the whole recruitment mentioned that she think it gets reset with every sponsors. She is the one who deals with Tier 2 visas and sponsorships every. I guess the experts are wrong, sometimes.

Thanks though.

Regarding not applying - part of it because
1. I am very lazy
2. We travel as a Family all the time
3. I travel for work all the time

However, this is good, booked the appointment today paying £5924 for 20 Mar which I need to re-schedule due to Easter Holiday travel. Apparently no April dates are available, yet.

Thanks again. I have started reading the guidance.

arunkmajumdar
India

ILR Appointment Re-Schedule Date

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 am

Hi

I currently booked a premium appointment at Croydon on 20 March. However need to travel for a week (24 Mar - 1 Apr) outside UK so need to re-schedule my appointment. When I am checking the website, I am not getting any dates in early April. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

arunkmajumdar
India

UK NARIC Documents

Post by arunkmajumdar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 am

Hi

I am applying to ILR, so satisfy English language requirements, I am applying to vaid my degrees through NARIC.

It is asking for
- degree certificates
- mark sheets
- evidence of the medium of instruction of your study

Any pointer how do I get the 3rd? I hope you understand the response time for an Indian State University.

Thanks in advance.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK NARIC Documents

Post by katanayi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Any pointer how do I get the 3rd?
A letter from your institution/university

KenBossini
India

Re: ILR Appointment Re-Schedule Date

Post by KenBossini » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:26 pm

arunkmajumdar wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 am
Hi

I currently booked a premium appointment at Croydon on 20 March. However need to travel for a week (24 Mar - 1 Apr) outside UK so need to re-schedule my appointment. When I am checking the website, I am not getting any dates in early April. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, although keep searching for the next few days as and when the slots open, especially around midnight.

K.

arunkmajumdar
India

1 Form or 2 Forms?

Post by arunkmajumdar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi

I am apply for the ILR along with my wife.

Do I need to fill up only one form or 2 forms for each of us?
Also does she need all documents like payslips, bank statements even applying as a dependant visa?

Thanks in advance.

arunkmajumdar
India

Re: ILR Appointment Re-Schedule Date

Post by arunkmajumdar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks, finally got one for 4 April.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 1 Form or 2 Forms?

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Assuming you are Tier 2 General and your spouse also qualifies for ILR with 5 years residence, it is ONE form for both of you, spouse as dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arunkmajumdar
India

Re: 1 Form or 2 Forms?

Post by arunkmajumdar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Yes, I am Tier 2 General, She is dependent. She doesn't need any payslips and bank statements and all then. Thanks

arunkmajumdar
India

Too Many Queries - Sorry

Post by arunkmajumdar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi

I have started filling up the form so have some queries, hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Q1 : I have a 2 YO who is not applying for the ILR, does I need to mention the baby on the form?
Q2 : Evidence of cohabitation for spouse - what can be this?
Q3 : Finance evidence - bank statements and payslips - how many months do we need?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Too Many Queries - Sorry

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm

ALL Topics Merged (click)

It is not necessary to keep starting new topic with each question you have. Keep ALL questions in ONE thread (this one) please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks for doing it, was not sure how to do that. Thanks again.

arunkmajumdar
India

ILR Form Filling Query

Post by arunkmajumdar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi

I am filling up the ILR form today and have following query, hope you can help

1. Section 3, Section B - shall I tick Tier 2 migrant? (I am applying on Tier 2 General and at the same time my wife is applying as Tier 2 Dependent on the same application)
2. Section 5.6
- Number of hours this salary is based on What will this be?
- Rate of pay for this SOC code stated in the codes of practice (hourly rate or annual salary)What will this be?
3. Section 6.13
- does nay period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 Jan 2018? My wife's visa was granted a year ago, does this mean she doesn't have to fill the absences form?
4. Evidence of cohabition : what this can be?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm
ALL Topics Merged (click)

It is not necessary to keep starting new topic with each question you have. Keep ALL questions in ONE thread (this one) please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Form Filling Query

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 pm

1. Section 3, Section B - shall I tick Tier 2 migrant? (I am applying on Tier 2 General and at the same time my wife is applying as Tier 2 Dependent on the same application)
Yes, if that is the route you have been on.
2. Section 5.6
- Number of hours this salary is based on What will this be?
- Rate of pay for this SOC code stated in the codes of practice (hourly rate or annual salary)What will this be?
Look at the appendix for the SOC and complete as necessary.
3. Section 6.13
- does nay period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 Jan 2018? My wife's visa was granted a year ago, does this mean she doesn't have to fill the absences form?
No.
4. Evidence of cohabition : what this can be?
Letters addresses to both of you at the same address, eg. NHS letters, HMRC letters, Tenancy Agreements, Utility Bills, Council tax etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)