ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 to ILR without absence letter from previous employer.Is this an issue?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arj2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier2 to ILR without absence letter from previous employer.Is this an issue?

Post by Arj2018 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Dear Members,
Next month I am going to apply ILR. I have absence letters from my current employer.But I do not have absence approval letters from my previous employer. I was away more than a month while I was working with my previous employer as those holidays were part of my entitled leaves(Annual leaves). I have got the full salary slips and P60 from my previous employer.
Unfortunately, I can not request my previous employer for my absence letter.
I am not sure what I have to do now.

Shall I write a letter to an immigration officer about my absences with details like No. of days I was away and why I went abroad?

I have HR letter from my current company for my Absences. This case do I need to submit the original letterhead or scanned copy is fine?

Thank you in advance!

Arj2018
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier2 to ILR without absence letter from previous employer.Is this an issue?

Post by Arj2018 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 am

Dear Members,

I have just checked the UKBA Tier 2 sponsor list. I could not find the company name on the list.It looks like home office revoked the license or company has been closed. This case I shall write a formal letter to Caseworker with detail explanation about my leaves?

Would someone give any suggestion on this, please?

ronshel
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier2 to ILR without absence letter from previous employer.Is this an issue?

Post by ronshel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 am

Hi ,

I am in a similar situation applying for my ILR next month , where i cannot get the absence letter from my previous employer. I left my previous employer in May 2015 and joined another company. My previous employer is not in the sponsor list anymore, It was listed till 2016 but when i check now its not there. However, the company itself is active. Can you please suggest, how did you apply without a absence letter? Did you provide any covering letter ? Was your ILR application successful ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:22 pm

ronshel wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 am
Hi ,

I am in a similar situation applying for my ILR next month , where i cannot get the absence letter from my previous employer. I left my previous employer in May 2015 and joined another company. My previous employer is not in the sponsor list anymore, It was listed till 2016 but when i check now its not there. However, the company itself is active. Can you please suggest, how did you apply without a absence letter? Did you provide any covering letter ? Was your ILR application successful ?

Thanks
DO NOT tag your questions on other posts. OP has not visited the forum since May :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice