ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legacy Cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shemck
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Legacy Cases

Post by Shemck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Legacy cases, my partner has been in the uk for 17 years now and we don't seem to be getting anywhere.

We have been to see our MP and we got the usual letter back, I was wondering if a further letter to the MP may help or if anyone has went as far as to write to the Home Secretary or the Prime Minister.

Any information are guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks You

krisbol17
Wales

Re: Legacy Cases

Post by krisbol17 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm

A little more information would be helpful such as
  • The current immigration status of your partner
  • Immigration history
  • What have you applied for that you don't seem to be getting anywhere?

We have nothing to work with with your question. For instance my understanding of legacy cases was when I had not been granted any form of immigration status since 2004, there was a backlog to be cleared by Summer of 2012 if my memory serves me right. I was in touch with the MP and Refugee Council, went through hoops and until when I decided to apply for section 4 support from the Home Office, I got my first Discretionary Leave to Remain (vignette sticker on a piece of paper).

Shemck
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shemck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi Krisbol17

Thank you for responding to my question, my partner is an Asylum Seeker, His case was refused and it went to Upper Tribunal and was rejected. In 2016 we made further submissions on the case and we are still awaiting a response.

My partners case is very complex but I just feel like we can not go anywhere for help to move the process along a bit faster.

Thank You

Shemck
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shemck » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:56 pm

I also forgot to mention that I support my partner and he does have permission to work as he has a child in the UK. Due to this he receives no support from the government.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 pm

For what it's worth, I believe that on completing 20 years continuous residence, legal or illegal, he would qualify for leave to remain, assuming there are no criminality issues.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/what-ar ... residence/
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.