ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents VISA when main application is still at Home office in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vsk

Parents VISA when main application is still at Home office in UK

Post by vsk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I have a below situation, could some one shed light on this please.

Myself and my wife we both have visa only until mid March, I am applying ILR and my wife as Tier 1 dependent by POST in UK. My parents are currently in UK on visit visa and they will return mid March.

I understand postal applications takes long time for consideration. my question is can I apply my parents visit visa again in next 2 months time while our applications under consideration ?

Will they get visa again ?

note: they are here for the first time, and they meet all requirements, my doubt is will they get visit visa again when our applications are under consideration ?

Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents VISA when main application is still at Home office in UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

How long have the been in the UK on their current visit?

How long is the proposed visit if they apply for another visitor visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsk

Post by vsk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Current visa is for 6 months and they are returning in time.

Proposed would be 3 months (July to Sep) but the question is will they get visa if they apply again in next 2 months time ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Possibly not, as they would be spending more time in the UK in a rolling 12 month period than they would be spending in their home country. This could be seen as residing, not visiting.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:16 am

vsk wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:19 pm
Current visa is for 6 months and they are returning in time.
I did not ask how long their visa is valid for did I. I asked how long have they been in the UK on their current visit.

As Casa has said, if they have been here for almost 6 months, they are unlikely to get a visa again so soon.

I hope you are not using the visitor visa for your parents for childminder purposes!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.