ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong sub category. help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gizzywizzy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Wrong sub category. help!!

Post by Gizzywizzy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 am

Hi,

I applied for my wife to join me in December 2017

Biometrics 13/12/17
Application sent off 21/12/18

I hadn't had any option to pay ihs and visa4UK was filled by solicitor, he said he has seen this a few times and just send a copy of screenshot of the visa4uk page showing no option for IHS payment. And they should get in contact requesting a payment.

It's been around 40 days now and haven't heard anything. So started looking into it and I believe solicitor has chosen wrong sub category as 'Marriage' instead of 'wife' which could explain the no IHS option. Because marriage is for fiance right?

So sent an email to UKVI yesterday and received a reply asking for:

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the IHS fee payment, please provide the following details:

Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
IHS number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
E-mail address used on application:
Brief your case:

So I provided the details and in brief your case I wrote:

Application for my wife to join me in the UK was put in by my solicitor and there was no option for IHS payment, when i questioned him about this he said that this happens sometimes and asked me to send in a screen shot of the application showing no IHS option which i have done, but after looking into the application he filled out i have noticed he had chosen 'Marriage' as the sub category for the visa and this should have been 'Wife' i would like to get this amended and then pay the appropriate IHS payment for a 'WIFE' visa.

sorry for any inconvenience caused and i hope this matter can be resolved.

Now I just have to wait for a reply but in the meantime I'm panicking and don't know what to do??

Any help is appreciate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wrong sub category. help!!

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am

How much was the visa fee that you paid??

There are two 'marriage' category visas, substantially different prices.

1. Marriage visitor visa - valid for 6 months and for those who only want to marry in the UK and NOT settle. Costs around £85. If this is what your 'solicitor' applied for, she WILL NOT be able to change her visa to a spouse visa within the UK.

2. Fiance visa - valid for 6 months and for those wanting to marry in the UK and then switch to spouse visa on FLR(M) after wedding. Costs £1,464.

Neither of these have the IHS payment requirement.

The visa option for your wife if you are already married, would have been :

>settlement
>>settlement
>>>>wife

Visa costs, £1,464 plus £600 IHS, all part of the online process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gizzywizzy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gizzywizzy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi CR001,

It was the fiance visa.

And yes we are already married but it's just the sub category that has been incorrectly selected.

Don't know what else I can do at the moment.

Kind regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Gizzywizzy wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm
Hi CR001,

It was the fiance visa.

And yes we are already married but it's just the sub category that has been incorrectly selected.

Kind regards.
How have you submitted a fiance visa application for your wife to join you in the UK if you are already married? :?

There is no IHS fee for a fiance visa application. The surcharge of £500 is paid when submitting the FLR(M) application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm
Gizzywizzy wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm
Hi CR001,

It was the fiance visa.

Kind regards.
How have you submitted a fiance visa application for your wife to join you in the UK if you are already married? :?
Seem an incompetent solicitor made the online application and selected the wrong category.
I hadn't had any option to pay ihs and visa4UK was filled by solicitor, he said he has seen this a few times and just send a copy of screenshot of the visa4uk page showing no option for IHS payment. And they should get in contact requesting a payment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gizzywizzy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gizzywizzy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm

I already filing a case against the solicitors, shocking service they provided and now this stupid mistake.

Anyway received a reply from UKVI:

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

Your case 180xxxx-xxxxxx has been escalated to the relevant department. Please note, there will be certain processing time. We can not give a exact time frame. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice.

Regards

Guess I just have to wait and see what they say..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Can you clarify the following:
1. Are you applying for an entry visa for your wife or is she already in the UK?

2. Have you applied for a fiance visa even though you are already married?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Gizzywizzy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gizzywizzy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm applying for an entry visa for my wife she isn't in the UK, but we are married.

Yes the wrong sub category has been chosen which I believe is the fiance route when settlement >settlement > wife should have been chosen.

weddingBug
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by weddingBug » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Same situation here; can you update me on what happened after the wrong subcategory selection? I hope you were able to sort it out!