ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online BRP or Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emailubk

Online BRP or Referees

Post by emailubk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:38 am

Hi Every one,
Can someone help in filling online application please?

I would like to keep my BRP card with me until my application is process can you some one help me in answering below questions?
I want to do online application originals will be submitted at NDRF in this case

6.7 BRP enclosed? If yes Go to 6.11 or no? Other Reason (Go to 6.12)
If not enclosed then state the location of biometric residence permit:

6.11 Do you want the Home Office to retain your BRP
Say
Yes
I confirm that I do not require evidence of my immigration status. Should I subsequently require evidence of my status, I will need to apply for a replacement BRP at my expense.
OR
No I confirm that if granted British citizenship I must return the BRP to the Home Office within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship and if I fail to do so I may receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000.

6.12 If the required biometric residence permit (BRP) is not enclosed give details why you are unable to provide it:

If you do not submit your BRP with this application, you must return it to the Home Office no later than 5 days from the date you attended your Citizenship Ceremony or the date you were issued with a certificate of naturalisation, so that it can be securely destroyed. Details of how to return your BRP can be found in Guide AN and at www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/ report-problem
If you fail to return your BRP, or notify the department of the reasons for not being able to do so, you may receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000.
If you need to travel to and from the UK after being granted British citizenship you must apply for a British passport or for a certificate of entitlement to the right of abode to be placed in your foreign passport. Guidance on applying for a British passport can be found on Gov.UK. Following a grant of citizenship your BRP will be cancelled which means it may not be accepted as evidence that you are entitled to reside in the UK.

And also

Regarding Referees

Do I need referee details before hand to do online form?
Can I just print referee forms fill it by hand and submit in NDRS?

Thanks