ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me here..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KAT32
Newly Registered

Please help me here..

Post by KAT32 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Dear All,
Urgently need your advice. My mother got two years visitor visa. She left the UK for one week and come back before completion of her six month.
(as mentioned here: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6642519#Q5)
"With a visit visa you can usually enter and leave the UK any number of times while the visa is still valid. You cannot stay for longer than six months on each visit"

But when she was coming back to the UK on the airport, immigraiton officer told her that she can not live more than six month in one year, so she just has next four days otherwise she will be overstay here and will face problem.
Really I need your proper guidance that what should i do now in this situation. she can not live without me as she is totally dependent on me and she is under 65 so i can not apply for her settlement.
Many thanks for your time.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:53 pm

The IO is correct - six months in a year, probably will be three months in a year soon.

You can apply for settlement for her even under 65 but it's very difficult and under under extreme circumstances.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

KAT32
Newly Registered

Post by KAT32 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Could you please or any one point out this rule in immigration policies, rules , or any valid website where i can get confirmation?
Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:18 pm

KAT32 wrote:Could you please or any one point out this rule in immigration policies, rules , or any valid website where i can get confirmation?
Thanks
Do a search here, this subject comes up lots of times.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:25 pm

See Chapter 2 of the IDIs
4. FREQUENCY AND DURATION OF VISITS
There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient ground for refusal. It is reasonable, however, for the immigration officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in this country (but see Section 3 of this chapter in the case of visitors for private medical treatment). Occasionally, a business visitor may require to stay for a period of weeks or even months (eg where machinery is being installed or faults being diagnosed and corrected). The immigration officer should be satisfied, however, that a person's presence here on business for more than 6 out of any 12 months does not mean that he is basing himself here......
Regards

PP