ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Car Parking CCJ and Citizenship - Urgent Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roverbay1
Newly Registered
India

Car Parking CCJ and Citizenship - Urgent Help

Post by roverbay1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi,

I have been in this country for 11 years, came on ICT in 2006 and on ILR for about 5 years. I am planning to apply for British Citizenship later this year for myself and family. So far, no major issues, 1 SP50 issued couple of years ago and I have done the speed management course; so no points on my license.

I have received a Judgement for Claimant (in default) this week relating to a car parking issue. I am planning to pay the amount £291 (191 + 100 costs) immediately, within the 28 day period (15th February 2018 judgement, letter received on 21st Feb). My query is, does this stay anywhere in my record once and will it have any impact to applying Citizenship for myself or my family. I also have worries if this has an impact to my credit rating, job background checks as I work in financial sector.

I have gone through the FAQ and few queries that were posted in the past, but not sure if I have come across a case where the money was paid within the 28 day period. I am worried that paying money will somehow imply that I am in mistake and hence wanted to know if it is better to take any inputs from a solicitor and fight the car parking case?

In hindsight, the car parking issue is a stupid one that I should have fought. I was a new tenant and parked within marked bays. My landlord has confirmed not to pay the fine and he will get the ticket cancelled/waived off. I didn't follow through as I have moved on to different location and really didn't care the multiple letter's I have received from the car parking company.

Thanks very much for your inputs.
mm

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Car Parking CCJ and Citizenship - Urgent Help

Post by bruteforce » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:03 pm

If paid within a month of CCJ date then it won't show up anywhere. The court will instruct to remove the record.

roverbay1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Car Parking CCJ and Citizenship - Urgent Help

Post by roverbay1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Thanks bruteforce. It is relieving to know from the experts here. I will update to this thread with once the CCJ is cleared. In the meantime if there are any inputs, please do let me know and keep the thread with information that is relevant for my scenario i.e. CCJ paid within 28 days.

cheers
mm