ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nrn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Extension

Post by nrn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi all,
I completed my 3 years on tier 2 and going to submit my tier 2 extension application this week. But I had following doubt.
Your advice will be highly appreciated.
1. HR has issued the COS with ISC exempt, is it alright? Don't I need to pay the ISC fees?
2. What should be the start date of the work for the extension?
3. Do I need to show my maintenance fund?
4. Experienced salary was £28000 for my job but we going for £30,000 as per new rule, is this rule same or changed by now?
4. Today while i was filling my application with the Valid assigned COS it showed me the error message
"We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship"
I'm really desperate for your prompt help.
Thank you

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 Extension

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 pm

nrn wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 pm
Hi all,
I completed my 3 years on tier 2 and going to submit my tier 2 extension application this week. But I had following doubt.
Your advice will be highly appreciated.
1. HR has issued the COS with ISC exempt, is it alright? Don't I need to pay the ISC fees?

Yes, you don't need to pay ISC

2. What should be the start date of the work for the extension?

I think any date not more than 3 months ahead, depending on the expiry date of your current visa. usually advised to use the next day after the expiration of your current visa as your start date.

3. Do I need to show my maintenance fund?

No. You will be given a checklist after you have completed your application.

4. Experienced salary was £28000 for my job but we going for £30,000 as per new rule, is this rule same or changed by now?
What is your SOC code? You should be fine with 30K.

4. Today while i was filling my application with the Valid assigned COS it showed me the error message
"We have not been able to verify this CoS reference number at this time. It may be because it was entered incorrectly, make sure it exactly matches your Certificate of Sponsorship"
I'm really desperate for your prompt help.
Thank you

someone here had a similar experience a few weeks ago see the thread here uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/urge ... r#p1597869
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

nrn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Extension

Post by nrn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Great. What a prompt reply. Thank you!