ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SPOUSE CROYDON PEO

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VisaVisa
Newly Registered

ILR SPOUSE CROYDON PEO

Post by VisaVisa » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Greetings.

I have followed your message board for over two years now and here is my first post. My wife successfully got her spouse visa APR 06.

Today we both went to Croydon PEO for ILR. I would like to share with you our day.

The appointment was booked some weeks ago for 3pm today. We were advised to come to the building 30 mins before the interview.

Security was tight after which we both waited to be called to a customer service type counter (like a post office) we waited in line for about 10 minutes and were told to proceed to a counter.

At the counter both my wife and myself were asked firstly for the reference no relating to our appt. Secondly our passports. Next was to see my wife Life in The UK paper. Lastly evidence of us cohabiting for the last two years.

I had submitted approx 80 documents from 7 sources. The person on the counter was rude and many times while looking through the papers started to speak to others behind the counter about personal matters.

Eventually he said that i didnt have sufficient docs relating to the 1st 6 months of my wifes 2 years and I would have to resubmit.

I was shocked. Since I have to travel in the next few days for work and my wifes spouse visa runs out next week. I asked if I could do anything to rectify today. His answer was that I could submit by post and send a covering letter that I could not send my passport as I was travelling.

I asked politely if I could speak to somebody else. He told me to wait. We both waited 10 minutes, it was now 310pm 10 minutes late for our appointment. I then went back to him to ask if I could see the officer any how. He said it would be a waste of time but I could go. He verified my application indicating that he had advised docs were missing for 2006.

We both went upstairs paid 950 pounds and waited for 5 minutes to be called. The officier was polite and said that although it stated that we had docs missing by the counter staff, she was satisfied with our submission.

The process took about 20 minutes in which time she looked through our docs and logged our passport details.

We were then told to wait 30 mins for ILR to be issued. About 20 minutes later my wifes serial number was called and we got the ILR.

The conclusion is if you are applying for ILR be polite and even though the initial staff may say you havent got right documentation still see one of the offiers.

douces

Post by douces » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:19 am

did they question u both

VisaVisa
Newly Registered

Post by VisaVisa » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:17 am

No the officier who looked at our papers spoke to both of us explaining the situation and that she was satisfied