ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reducing working time and keep salary when Extending Tier-2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

George123
Newly Registered
India

Reducing working time and keep salary when Extending Tier-2

Post by George123 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm

I have a tier 2 general visa from April 2015 to April 2018. My Soc code is 2121 civil engineer. When they issued my cos my salary was 29,000 with 47.5 hours per week. Now I am in a stage to extend my visa. In the visa extension cos my salary is 34,666 with 47.5 hours per week. My solicitor said this will be a problem because according to 47.5 hours per week my salary should be 38,488. Solicitor asked me to reduce the working hours to 40 hours per week otherwise my salary should be 38,488. I mentioned this to HR manager and she said I am not hourly paid I am monthly paid so it should not be a problem. HR manager also said, if they reduce the working hours that will be a problem since we added 47.5 hours in the initial cos letter. Can anyone give me a suggestion please ?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Reducing working time and keep salary when Extending Tier-2

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 pm

tuanvo1982 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am
My sponsor accept to reduce working time and keep salary when extending Tier-2 but I don't know it is legal for UKBA to accept my extension application.

Now it is 37.5 and in my next application I would like to make it 35 hours with the same salary. Any idea would be welcome.

Thank very much
you will probably need a new contract stating your new working hours and salary effective from your new start date for your extension. what is the typical working hour in your company, reducing your hours alone might generate issues with UKVI.
if you chose to reduce your hour before your extension, then your sponsor must inform UKVI via the sms and also state your hours have been reduced but your salary remains the same. which ever way, you will need a new contract as this will be the legal document confirming the change of hours and salary.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Nazia2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Reducing working time and keep salary when Extending Tier-2

Post by Nazia2018 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:40 am

Did you manage to reduce the hours in your application eventually? Let us know outcome. It will help me with my extension.