ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Refused, reconsideration submitted..what next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Happycar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Refused, reconsideration submitted..what next?

Post by Happycar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi there,
my wife was refused on the basis of administrative delays and gaps (not her fault) in her student visas from 9 years ago and working throughout that period. They say its illegal working, I say its to do with their 3 months processing times for her student visa applications and her not knowingly engaging in working outwit the terms of her visa status.

Anyways, we've submitted reconsideration form and I wonder, if they continue to refuse on the same basis, what is the next step ? Can we register for a tribunal hearing for a court to decided if her 'good character' is bad because of innocent administrative issues?

If so any advice on how to apply for these court cases and how to go about it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Refused, reconsideration submitted..what next?

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Helpful if you could state her immigration history, including dates of visa start and expiry, dates of extension applications sent etc and how many hours per week she was working IF her visa allowed her to work (not all student visas do) and explain what the administrative delays were?

She should be aware that if she submitted an extension application even one day AFTER a visa expired, she would not have been permitted to work if she has work rights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Re: Naturalisation Refused, reconsideration submitted..what next?

Post by ariskar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 pm

As the declared breach of immigration laws by the HO occured 9 years ago, I would wait for 10 years to pass after the last work period that the HO claim was in breach of immigration status/laws. Most likely reconsideration will take a large part of this 1 year. Regardless, I hope reconsideration works out for you and avoid the added cost and time to go through the entire application procedure.