ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My HSMP Epic Story - Climax or Anti-Climax?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karanz
Newly Registered

My HSMP Epic Story - Climax or Anti-Climax?

Post by karanz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 am

Around 2 years [April 2006] back, a friend from UK inspired me to apply HSMP. I was all excited and prepared for all the documents and atlast applied in June 2006 through a consultant... who seemed very helpful... then i got the decision on the independence day of India, 15 August 2006, with a rejection.

The mistake was done by the consultant, he forgot to get the passport xerox copy notarized... but he tried to convince me that Home office people will listen to reviews and made me apply for one... i waited for ages and ages.... but no reply, whenever i call they say, it is under consideration..

Finally, in March 2007 planned to re-apply. this time with a good lawyer [since i really dont have much time to spare from my work] Got the updated documents from employer, tax papers, etc... and gave the docs to the lawyer in April 2007 and at the end of April 2007 i applied again.

Till this time, i made many friends in UK from my school/college friends to colleagues, mutual friends, etc... along with me my friends also applied for HSMP [most of them from inside the UK] and 98% of them got their approvals and got the FLR/EC stamped... but for me.

Finally one fine day in the last week of November i got the approval, till it reached my hands, it was already mid December.

By the time i received the Approval, i was into so much of work that i just could not find time for preparing the documents for EC... i thought that i may not find time for EC and this Approval will go waste. Fortunately, My project finished earlier than expected and i luckily get time for filing the EC.

Now from past few days, i have been confused with too many things.
- Tier1 thing [Cos i don't have time to prepare docs for EC in this short period (before 31st March 2008)]
- Employer: i Changed my employer in June 2007 since i received no word from the Home Office regarding my application i got a good offer and i moved on. Now the problem stands is, what all should i send for the EC.

i am drained, frustrated, confused and lost... if someone can help me out here that would be great help.

custodian

Post by custodian » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:41 am

If I were you, I would think simple.

You have the HSMP approval letter with you. (hopefully valid)

See what you need to file an EC application on a current date and file an EC application with the most current process and documents.

I'm unsure if you need to provide the same docs for EC as you provided for HSMP. Either way I think both of them are verified and I haven't seen anywhere in the docs that say the EC application should have the same docs you supplied with your HSMP application.

My two cents worth.