ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Refusal for not meeting salary threshold

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Tier 2 Visa Refusal for not meeting salary threshold

Post by baray7 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi There,

I applied for tier 2 visa extension on 10th/01/2018
on 06/02/2018 I received a refusal letter from UKVI for not meeting the salary threshold for SOC 2137 which should have been 24K where i mistakenly applied with 23K per annum on my COS. Hence i applied for for an AR to extend the time so in the mean time my employer could get a fresh COS to submit a fresh application.

On 26/02/2018 i received answer for AR with UKVI standing firmly on their original decision, furthermore they have asked me to leave the country within next 14 days.

On 27/02/2018 my employer received a fresh COS , Can i still apply for a new tier 2 visa extension application with higher salary COS(my employer has agreed to increase my salary by £4000)

A swift response would be much appreciated as i am running out of time.

Your Sincerely

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Visa Refusal for not meeting salary threshold

Post by UKLL » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm

I think you can but see what the moderators say

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:35 pm

UKLL wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 pm
I think you can but see what the moderators say
thank you for your response. I will wait for further advices.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 pm

baray7 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Hi There,

on 06/02/2018 I received a refusal letter from UKVI for not meeting the salary threshold for SOC 2137 which should have been 24K where i mistakenly applied with 23K per annum on my COS. Hence i applied for for an AR to extend the time so in the mean time my employer could get a fresh COS to submit a fresh application.

On 26/02/2018 i received answer for AR with UKVI standing firmly on their original decision, furthermore they have asked me to leave the country within next 14 days.

On 27/02/2018 my employer received a fresh COS , Can i still apply for a new tier 2 visa extension application with higher salary COS(my employer has agreed to increase my salary by £4000)

Your Sincerely
Did they do the RLMT after increasing the salary? If not then it will be refused as such massive increase in salary means they'd have to advertise again and prove to HO that they didn't find settled worker.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Did they do the RLMT after increasing the salary? If not then it will be refused as such massive increase in salary means they'd have to advertise again and prove to HO that they didn't find settled worker.
On my case my employer did not have to take a RMLT due to i am being a tier 4 student switching into tier 2 visa. On my latest tier 2 extension application RMLT was not required by HMVI. Do you think they will have to show it now ?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 am

baray7 wrote:
Hi There,

Your Sincerely
Go submit another application immediately. Try to use premium service if you can. I guess UKVI is holding your passport.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 am

makky86 wrote:
baray7 wrote:
Hi There,

Your Sincerely
I'm not aware of any need for RLMT because of increase in salary for extension. Is there any link to this information?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 am
makky86 wrote:
baray7 wrote:
Hi There,

Your Sincerely
I'm not aware of any need for RLMT because of increase in salary for extension. Is there any link to this information?
It isn't a tier 2 extension as such. The OP has stated it is a switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:55 am
Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 am
makky86 wrote:
baray7 wrote:
Hi There,

Your Sincerely
It isn't a tier 2 extension as such. The OP has stated it is a switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
I read it as though the OP was on tier 4 to tier 2 and now tier 2 extension. It wasn't clear when the OP said "my recent tier 2 extension".
I can see why RLMT will be required now if it is Tier 4 to tier 2, application refused and AR lost. The OP might have lost his Tier 4 status which gave him the initial RLMT exemption.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:27 am

baray7 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 pm
makky86 wrote:

On my case my employer did not have to take a RMLT due to i am being a tier 4 student switching into tier 2 visa. On my latest tier 2 extension application RMLT was not required by HMVI. Do you think they will have to show it now ?
Its not really Tier 2 extension. You should mention Tier 4 to tier 2 switch. If its RLMT is not required then you can go and but I hthink 4K in salary might raise red flag

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am

My switch from Tier4 to Tier 2 was in year 2014. Now I am applying for tier 2 extension. Thank you for all you responses. I am putting a fresh application today, but without my BRP or my passport as they are held at UKVI.

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:02 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hello,

My salary was only increased by 1600GBP sorry for providing a wrong information. Do you think i will have to do an RLMT ?

Also currently i do not hold my passport and BRP with me, hence what documents will i have to send on submission of online application ?

sincerely

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 pm

baray7 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am
My switch from Tier4 to Tier 2 was in year 2014. Now I am applying for tier 2 extension. Thank you for all you responses. I am putting a fresh application today, but without my BRP or my passport as they are held at UKVI.
So can you tell us what exactly salary was when you applied for Tier 2 extension and what is the new salary you're going to get ?

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:21 am

makky86 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 pm
baray7 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 am
So can you tell us what exactly salary was when you applied for Tier 2 extension and what is the new salary you're going to get ?

On my first application i had 23K which should have been 24K for SOC 2137. Now my employer has agreed for an increment and im applying again with a salary of 24600GBP per annum.

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicia1027 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Hey have you solved your problem? Did you just raise your salary on CoS or change the working hours/week instead?
I got my refusal on T2 general visa application with the same salary problem, thinking applying for a new application now but my passport and brp are kept by UKVI now.
Can you please give me some suggestions? Thanks!!

har1313
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Visa Refusal wrong cos

Post by har1313 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:43 am

Dear All,

Hope you all are well.

I just got a refusal letter for the Tier 2 General visa.

Current immigration category: Tier 4 Dependent
Sponsor license: My company applied for the sponsor license to the home office stating that they want to retain me for the job role, RLMT was done and my immigration category was clearly mentioned as Tier 4 dependent and finally HO issues A rated license with 1 COS.

I applied for a visa using the COS and yesterday, I got the refusal yesterday stating that I need restricted COS instead of unrestricted.

My questions is : My company applied for COS telling HO my current immigration status(tier 4 dependent). So why did HO issued me unrestricted COS?

KIndly please advice if i am eligible for the admin review and will they consider my case.

Although my employer has immediately applied for the restricted cos.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Regards

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:46 am

alicia1027 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:58 pm
Hey have you solved your problem? Did you just raise your salary on CoS or change the working hours/week instead?
I got my refusal on T2 general visa application with the same salary problem, thinking applying for a new application now but my passport and brp are kept by UKVI now.
Hello,

After receiving a refused AR application I reapplied on a priority service with a higher salary to match 40 hours per week, this will take 10 working days. If you have a copy o of your passport and BRP send them together with your new application and also please put their Reference number to track held documents of yours.

alicia1027
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicia1027 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 am

baray7 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:46 am
alicia1027 wrote:
Hello,

After receiving a refused AR application I reapplied on a priority service with a higher salary to match 40 hours per week, this will take 10 working days. If you have a copy o of your passport and BRP send them together with your new application and also please put their Reference number to track held documents of yours.
Hey, did you also attach a letter saying that your passport and BRP are held by UKVI ?
Thank you!

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am

alicia1027 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:57 am
baray7 wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:
Hello,

Hey, did you also attach a letter saying that your passport and BRP are held by UKVI ?
Thank you!
Yes i did

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Tier 2 Visa Refusal wrong cos

Post by baray7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 am

har1313 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:43 am
Dear All,

Hope you all are well.

I just got a refusal letter for the Tier 2 General visa.

Current immigration category: Tier 4 Dependent
Sponsor license: My company applied for the sponsor license to the home office stating that they want to retain me for the job role, RLMT was done and my immigration category was clearly mentioned as Tier 4 dependent and finally HO issues A rated license with 1 COS.

I applied for a visa using the COS and yesterday, I got the refusal yesterday stating that I need restricted COS instead of unrestricted.

My questions is : My company applied for COS telling HO my current immigration status(tier 4 dependent). So why did HO issued me unrestricted COS?

KIndly please advice if i am eligible for the admin review and will they consider my case.

Although my employer has immediately applied for the restricted cos.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Regards

Hello,

Your case is a bit different to our topic, please open a new topic for an exposure to get the best advices.

har1313
Newly Registered
India

Post by har1313 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:43 am

Sure thanks :)

baray7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by baray7 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm

alicia1027 wrote:
baray7 wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you!
Hi,

I have been granted Tier 2 visa extension. There wasn't any issues with sending out the BRP and Passport copies. Wish you all the best.

Sincerely
Baray

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:49 pm

baray7 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm
alicia1027 wrote:
baray7 wrote:
alicia1027 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you!
Hi,

I have been granted Tier 2 visa extension. There wasn't any issues with sending out the BRP and Passport copies. Wish you all the best.

Sincerely
Baray

congratulations