ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lloyds bank refuse to sign & provide an authorization letter for bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application Queries - Multiple Employers

Post by vaasureddy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi All,

I am due to applying for an ILR application next month and I am worried about a few things :

1) My first job on a Tier 2 General Visa ended on 3th March,2014 and I started my next job on the 3th of March,2014 as well. This is weird ,but i think my first employer got my end date wrong. My new Tier 2 visa was valid from 13th Feb,2014. Will this be a problem that my end date from one job and start date with new employer are the same? Also is it a problem that I continued working for my first employer even after getting my BRP for the second employer?

2) Another unrelated question is do i need to submit my p60`s for all 5 years?

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Application Queries - Multiple Employers(clashing start date/end date)

Post by vaasureddy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 am

Hi All,

I hope some one can clear my doubts. Just to make the case clear again.

I was working with Employer A and interviewed with Employer B. After successful interview and visa application, My BRP for Employer B was issued from 13th Feb, but I continued working with Employer A till Feb 28. But Employer A have my last working day as 3rd of March (just realized this once I got my employment history from HMRC). I started with Employer B on the 3rd of March actually. So my end date with Employer A was 3rd March and start date with Employer B was 3rd March.

Is this going to be a problem when I apply for my ILR?

This was a genuine mistake made by accident and I am worried about it.

Will be very much appreciative if someone can guide me on this.

Thank you.

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application(Tier 2/5 year route) - Previous Employer Letter

Post by vaasureddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:57 am

Hi,

I am trying to get in touch with my previous employer and seek a employer reference letter, but they are not responding to me. Is this a problem for my ILR application if I do not have my previous employers reference letter?

Also if i can some how reach out to them and they agree to provide this, is there some template which is recommended? What details does the employment letter need to have?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application(Tier 2/5 year route) - Previous Employer Letter

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by vaasureddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks CR001. While I was employed there I did not take any days off to travel on work. Infact I did not book any days off. So do i still need this letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am

If you had NO absences in that time or did not take ANY annual holidays, then no I don't believe you need an absence letter.

Absence includes ALL absences, not only 'work travel' absence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by vaasureddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi CR001,

But your template letter states :

"During his employment he was required by the company to travel to Country’s Name on business assignments. He was required to work in Country’s Name from Date to Date. While abroad he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account. "

This is very specific to absences related to work.

I have already got an employment letter from another ex-employer stating "The holiday entitlement per holiday year is 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday, I can confirm that this is paid". Even for this employer i did not take an days off related to work.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:15 pm

I did state the link was a 'SAMPLE' did I not??? It is also from many years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by vaasureddy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 pm

Yes you did state it was a sample.

Will it be sufficient with a general remark like this sentence? : " "The holiday entitlement per holiday year is 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday, I can confirm that this is paid"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application Queries - Please help

Post by vaasureddy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi ,

I have been employed by 3 employers in the last 5 years under tier 2 visa.

I was just filling my application and had these queries.

- for the following questions : "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?".

I have taken no work related holidays and have been out of the country for less than 180 days in the 5 year period.
One of the ex-employers is refusing to provide me with absence letters for annual leave taken, they say it is out of company policy to give such a letter. But they have provided me with an employment letter stating the number of annual leaves available to me. My other employers have provided me with absence letters.

So for the answer to this question. should i answer "yes" or should i select "other"(If you have ticked ‘Other’, please briefly specify below what evidence you have provided. Please note only evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box.) and explain by attaching the employers email stating that it is out of their policy to give such a letter.

- Also i do not have my P60`s , is this going to be a problem? I went to see an OSIC approved solictor and she says this is a must but I can get over this by showing all 5 years payslips and bank statements. I do not not have access to these as well. I could get it by chasing my old bank and employers, but is this needed?

- The end date & start date between 2 employers is overlapping by one day( For eg. finised on 12th Feb/2014 with employer A and started on 12th feb 2014 with employer B), is this a problem? I had holidays booked with Employer A for the last week of my work.

Really nervous about my application , so please any help is appreciated :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application Queries - Please help

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

qad3r007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by qad3r007 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

vaasureddy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Hi ,

I have been employed by 3 employers in the last 5 years under tier 2 visa.

I was just filling my application and had these queries.

- for the following questions : "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK?".

I have taken no work related holidays and have been out of the country for less than 180 days in the 5 year period.
One of the ex-employers is refusing to provide me with absence letters for annual leave taken, they say it is out of company policy to give such a letter. But they have provided me with an employment letter stating the number of annual leaves available to me. My other employers have provided me with absence letters.

So for the answer to this question. should i answer "yes" or should i select "other"(If you have ticked ‘Other’, please briefly specify below what evidence you have provided. Please note only evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box.) and explain by attaching the employers email stating that it is out of their policy to give such a letter.
You can select "Yes" since you have absence letters from 2 employers. For the one that is refusing to give you a letter you can just submit what they gave you and just attach a letter explaining the situation.

- Also i do not have my P60`s , is this going to be a problem? I went to see an OSIC approved solictor and she says this is a must but I can get over this by showing all 5 years payslips and bank statements. I do not not have access to these as well. I could get it by chasing my old bank and employers, but is this needed?
You do not need to submit any P60s when applying through Tier-2 route.

- The end date & start date between 2 employers is overlapping by one day( For eg. finised on 12th Feb/2014 with employer A and started on 12th feb 2014 with employer B), is this a problem? I had holidays booked with Employer A for the last week of my work.
The overlap is fine. Was the start date on COS the same?
Really nervous about my application , so please any help is appreciated :)

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by vaasureddy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks for your response qad3r007.

"The overlap is fine. Was the start date on COS the same?"

When I emailed the employer B they said the COS was assigned a month before on 16th Jan 2014. Now I am not sure if they mean the assigned date or start date of the COS.

But i have email exchanges saying that I need to give notice to Employer A and I can start work only on 12th Feb 2014 with Employer B.

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Post by vaasureddy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi,

Just had a response from the employer and they have emailed me saying that the start date on the CoS was corrected to 12th Feb 2014 , which was my actual start date:)

So i am all clear to submit my application and thanks for all the responses here.

vaasureddy
Newly Registered
India

Lloyds bank refuse to sign & provide an authorization letter for bank statements

Post by vaasureddy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 am

Hi,

I have my visa application soon, and I have already got a set of my statements by post from lloyds bank for the last 6 months. However my latest salary for February does not show up on this & I went into branch with online statements to ask them to sign, stamp and provide an authorization letter stating the authenticity of the online statements.

However they did not do this, and instead were adamant that statements they provide in branch will suffice for Visa purposes. I somehow managed to get the in branch provided statements stamped behind the counter(no authorization letter or signature). Is this sufficient? Should I submit both the statements which were posted through the door and the ones i got submitted in branch?

Another question is , i have had multiple employers, do i need to show payslips from my previous employers as well?

Thank you.
Vaasu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lloyds bank refuse to sign & provide an authorization letter for bank statements

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am

Bank branch printed statements are fine.

Previous employer payslips is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:32 pm
Topics Merged (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

abraCadabra

Re: Lloyds bank refuse to sign & provide an authorization letter for bank statements

Post by abraCadabra » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am
Bank branch printed statements are fine.
Really? Is this true? Having trouble with Lloyds about same issue. We need to provide statements for 12 months to Home Office. The first 6 months we managed to order by post and now waiting for them. But the most recent 6 months is not available to order yet - lloyds says "they have not been produced yet"...

So we went to the branch, they printed it there, but would not stamp them on each page! :(

On the top it says "This statement was printed in branch" + timestamp.

Are you saying that such bank branch printed statement is fine without being stamped on every page?

Please help