ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful Premium Upgrade Experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mengo

Successful Premium Upgrade Experience

Post by mengo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:06 pm

Dear Members,

I would like to share my premium upgrade experience here as "Premium Upgrade Timelines" thread is now locked and therefore can't add there.
(indefinite-leave-to-remain/premium-upgr ... 17123.html)

Tier 2 General 5 years SET O

Posted: 01/02/2018
Received by Home Office: 02/02/2018
Payment Taken: 05/02/2018
Biometric letter received: 10/02/2018
Attended for Biometrics: 10/02/2018
Premium upgrade request provisionally accepted: 15/10/2018
(Note: Tried sending email request for premium upgrade since 12/02/2018 at 08:00:00)
Premium Upgrade fee taken: 23/02/2018
Decision made email received: Didn't receive any emails
Decision and BRP issue date: 24/02/2018
Decision letter received: 28/02/2018 (First attempt 27/02/2018)
BRP received: 28/02/2018 (Although DX told me that they will only hand it to me, they helpfully left it to a concierge)

Let me know if anyone have any questions regarding the process. Thanks

srikanthreddy42ys
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Successful Premium Upgrade Experience

Post by srikanthreddy42ys » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello
Mengo i have an other question i have selected an option to attend for premium center while i have made request .so will they send me an available dates or will they make decision any idea on this .

Thank you

mengo

Post by mengo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:38 am

srikanthreddy42ys wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 pm
Hello
Mengo i have an other question i have selected an option to attend for premium center while i have made request .so will they send me an available dates or will they make decision any idea on this .

Thank you
Hi srikanthreddy42ys,

I didn't attend to premium center as I already gave biometrics before I applied to the premium upgrade. If you have given biometrics already, there is no point of attending in person as it would probably be faster them to a make decision without your attendance. In my case, they made decision next day after taking payment.

Regarding your question, I don't know the answer - but I imagine they contact you to choose available dates in Liverpool PSC. Thanks

Rolly
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Rolly » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi Mengo,
I am a similar situation to you, I applied for ILR on a the 5 year tier 2 route. I applied back November and tried to get the upgrade but told i was not eligible for it. I wonder what the difference is between your application and mine. Was you application straight forward?

Thanks

mengo

Post by mengo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Rolly wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi Mengo,
I am a similar situation to you, I applied for ILR on a the 5 year tier 2 route. I applied back November and tried to get the upgrade but told i was not eligible for it. I wonder what the difference is between your application and mine. Was you application straight forward?

Thanks
Hi Rolly,

My application was straight forward Tier 2 5 years - though I was initially rejected February 2017 due to 60+ days employment gap. As that rule is removed from Immigration rules from January 2018, I applied again and got it.

One member reported that, he initially received "not eligible... " email and after trying more his application was upgraded. I recommend you to try to send upgrade email every morning exactly at 08:00:00 Mon-Thu until you receive "Provisionally eligible ... " email. Good luck

shark118 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:39 pm
Hi ILR2015-2016,

I have submitted my application on 11th Apr. The PU team initially said to me what you heard (your application is not eligible) but I have tried to upgrade once again and they said my application is in the process of being decided. still not sure how much longer it takes. How about you? when did you send your application?

srikanthreddy42ys
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srikanthreddy42ys » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi
Mengo as you were earlier saying that once payment is taken they are not sending decesion my email they are sending stright by post os that right ? Mine payment taken on 5/3/2018 , so i should wait for the reply by post only right ?
Thank you

mengo

Post by mengo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 pm

srikanthreddy42ys wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm
Hi
Mengo as you were earlier saying that once payment is taken they are not sending decesion my email they are sending stright by post os that right ? Mine payment taken on 5/3/2018 , so i should wait for the reply by post only right ?
Thank you
hi srikanthreddy42ys ,

I received documents (the decision letter, passports and etc.) by Royal mail first and BRP by DX secure later but both same day. I haven't received any emails. Royal mail couldn't deliver previous day as I was not at home that day. So, assuming your application will be processed at same rate like mine, you should receive documents and BRP anytime from today or tomorrow. By the way, I didn't receive any information about my DX tracking number and was not even sure if it is with them at all. I called them and asked if they have it and they confirmed me the tracking number. You can try to call them to check if there is anything for you. All above is applicable if they will process your application by post (check how much they charged - £490 if they are processing by post). If they will invite you to PSC as you have requested, things may be different. Thanks

srikanthreddy42ys
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srikanthreddy42ys » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Mengo money deducted is 490 so i am assuming its going to be postal only hopefully i receive my decision by this week end, so i can call DX and check if there is something for me to be delivered ?

Thank you

dicejames
Newly Registered
Mood:
Jamaica

Post by dicejames » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi srikanthreddy42ys, mengo,

Thank you for posting your timelines and your experiences with the Premium Upgrade Service. It has been really helpful and assuring.

Like you srikanthreddy42ys, I too had applied by post - SET (LR) - and then later, applied to the upgrade service. And as coincidence would have it, my payment of £490 was deducted on the 05/03/2018 as well.

I have not however received any replies or decisions in the post and was wondering if you have as of yet?

I am patiently waiting, but am hopeful of getting a decision this week.

Thank you.

Kolly B
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kolly B » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am

Hi Guys,

Similar to srikanthreddy42ys and dicejames, payment was taken for premium option on 05 March and I am also waiting for a decision.

Fingers crossed, we will get some update soon

dicejames
Newly Registered
Mood:
Jamaica

Post by dicejames » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 am

Hi Guys,

The wait is over! I got my letter this morning saying ILR has been approved!

The letter is dated 09 March so I guess it just took a little longer to get to me. But I'm really relieved and happy now!

New life begins!

I hope you all get a result soon. I'll post my timeline when my BRP arrives.

Cheers.

groot05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by groot05 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I have a question on filling out the postal to premium upgrade form. Do you think the reason for upgrade has any bearing on the success of the application, or is it purely based on luck (first come first serve)?

Thanks

Rachelk
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Rachelk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi Mengo. Just wanted to say thank you for your post as it's been really helpful and kept me sane! Lol.

Below is my journey of the application for ILR and application to upgrade to the premium service.

Application for ILR: 28th July 2018 for ILR after 6 years of DLR using SET O

Payment: Bankers Draft

Biometrics Letter: 17th August

Biometrics Submitted: 20th August

Application to Upgrade to Premium: I sent an email application every Monday to Thursday at 8AM the week begining the 13th of August - 20th of August for an Upgrade.
I received an email on the 16th of August asking if I could wait until I received a case reference number then reapply.
On the 20th I sent an application at 8AM with the Case Reference number.
At 3PM I sent an email making an enquiry as to why my application had not been approved for an upgrade.
I received a reply to say it had been approved and that they had requested my application.

Payment for Upgrade: Taken on 30th August

Decision: Letter of approval received 14th September dated 12th of September

BRP : Awaiting delivery. I contacted DX who say the have not yet received the BRP. Will check again nect week. Letter states takes 7 to 10 days.

Good luck to everyone waiting. Feel free to ask any questions. Hope the above helps.

🙂

Rachelk
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Rachelk » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi Mengo. Just wanted to say thank you for your post as it's been really helpful and kept me sane! Lol.

Below is my journey of the application for ILR and application to upgrade to the premium service.

Application for ILR: 28th July 2018 for ILR after 6 years of DLR using SET O

Payment: Bankers Draft

Biometrics Letter: 17th August

Biometrics Submitted: 20th August

Application to Upgrade to Premium: I sent an email application every Monday to Thursday at 8AM the week begining the 13th of August - 20th of August for an Upgrade.
I received an email on the 16th of August asking if I could wait until I received a case reference number then reapply.
On the 20th I sent an application at 8AM with the Case Reference number.
At 3PM I sent an email making an enquiry as to why my application had not been approved for an upgrade.
I received a reply to say it had been approved and that they had requested my application.

Payment for Upgrade: Taken on 30th August

Decision: Letter of approval received 14th September dated 12th of September

BRP : Awaiting delivery. I contacted DX who say the have not yet received the BRP. Will check again nect week. Letter states takes 7 to 10 days.

Good luck to everyone waiting. Feel free to ask any questions. Hope the above helps.

🙂

Alisher715
Pakistan

Post by Alisher715 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:17 am

Hi
Good to hear that.

I have applied set lr on 3rd of aug payment taken next working day.
After that i start appling for upgrade(without case ref. No.) and 3rd day they sent me email stating that i am not eligble.

Now yesterday i have done my biometrics and also received a letter that my case is complex and will take more than 6 months.

What u think is there anychance for upgrade if i try next week.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

sweetad

Post by sweetad » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 am

ONLINE ILR APPLICATION submitted : 9 September 18
Bio metrics Done same day
started upgrade request 16 September 2018
got acknowledgment request received
no email for acceptance yet

Rachelk
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Rachelk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am

Hi.
Check out this link with more information on eligibility.
Hope this helps

https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application

Alisher715 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:17 am
Hi
Good to hear that.

I have applied set lr on 3rd of aug payment taken next working day.
After that i start appling for upgrade(without case ref. No.) and 3rd day they sent me email stating that i am not eligble.

Now yesterday i have done my biometrics and also received a letter that my case is complex and will take more than 6 months.

What u think is there anychance for upgrade if i try next week.

Thanks in advance for ur help.
Last edited by Rachelk on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rachelk
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Rachelk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:05 am

What I did was send my application Monday to Thursday at 8 am and then sent them an email asking whether or not I was eligible and it was only then that I received an email to say my request had been accepted. I say keep trying and good luck.

Hope this helps.
sweetad wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 am
ONLINE ILR APPLICATION submitted : 9 September 18
Bio metrics Done same day
started upgrade request 16 September 2018
got acknowledgment request received
no email for acceptance yet

sweetad

Post by sweetad » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm

got an email stating that my application is not eligible for premium upgrade and will be dealt in the postal route.
any suggestions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:34 pm

sweetad wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm
got an email stating that my application is not eligible for premium upgrade and will be dealt in the postal route.
any suggestions
As you are fully aware, your case is complex due to your section 3C ending after your appeals were exhausted, so you won't qualify for Premium service if you varied your tier 1 ent app to ILR LR.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1654369
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alisher715
Pakistan

Post by Alisher715 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi
I got the same reply as i am not eligible.

I need ur help CR001

My flr fp was refused due to my flr lr which i varied reached ho late so after the refusal i put preaction protocol and i received a letter stating that we are reviewing your case and will let u know in due course.

It is been 3 and half month but no reply yet .

My questions are

1- is that is the reason i am not selected for premium upgrade?

2- how long u think it will take to get answer for that pap response and what it will be as i spoke to solicitor he said it will be 100% in your favour.

3- do i need to contact anyone for response of pap.

I really appreciate ur help.
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Alisher715 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi
I got the same reply as i am not eligible.

I need ur help CR001

My flr fp was refused due to my flr lr which i varied reached ho late so after the refusal i put preaction protocol and i received a letter stating that we are reviewing your case and will let u know in due course.

It is been 3 and half month but no reply yet .

My questions are

1- is that is the reason i am not selected for premium upgrade?

2- how long u think it will take to get answer for that pap response and what it will be as i spoke to solicitor he said it will be 100% in your favour.

3- do i need to contact anyone for response of pap.

I really appreciate ur help.
Thanks in advance
Please continue in your existing topic you already have where you have stated you varied to Set(LR), not FLR(LR).
indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1670214
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alisher715
Pakistan

Post by Alisher715 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:26 pm

It is flr fp varied to flr lr and then flr lr to set lr

Please advice. CR001

Flr fp refused but my flr lr file post date is 20 days before the flr fp decision.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 pm
Please continue in your existing topic you already have where you have stated you varied to Set(LR), not FLR(LR).
indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1670214
Char (CR001 not Casa)