ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What disadvantages I will have if baby born outside of UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

similiarforce
Newly Registered

What disadvantages I will have if baby born outside of UK

Post by similiarforce » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 pm

I main applicant with Tier 2 will apply for ILR based on 5 years end of June 2018. Baby is due in start of July 2018. My wife Tier 2 dependent lives here with me for few years, I have 2 questions.

1. Is there any disadvantages or process is difficult for my baby to get UK passport if they are delivered outside of uk after me getting ILR or before me getting ILR?

2. Also is there any problem if my wife stays outside of UK for year because no one here to help with baby

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What disadvantages I will have if baby born outside of UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 pm

1. Is there any disadvantages or process is difficult for my baby to get UK passport if they are delivered outside of uk after me getting ILR or before me getting ILR?
If your child is born outside the UK, there is no entitlement to British citizenship or a British Passport if you only hold ILR. Child will need a visa and follow the same route as mother and require ILR. If the child is born WITHIN the UK after you get ILR, child will be automatically British and can apply for British passport directly.
2. Also is there any problem if my wife stays outside of UK for year because no one here to help with baby

There are absence limits now for PBS Dependents, see link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/big-changes- ... 46559.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: What disadvantages I will have if baby born outside of UK

Post by seasky » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:55 pm

clearly not immigration related but many people raise their children here without the greater family around.

I think very good child healthcare and education.

congrats and good luck!