ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier2 General dependent) Application List od documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjb2017
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR(Tier2 General) Application for Main And Dependent

Post by mjb2017 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am

Dear All,

I have qualified for applying ILR on Tier2(General) this month (Oct 2017), my wife is going to qualify in march 2018 she is currently on Teir2 dependent visa. I have a son who is born(10months old) in UK and he also has tier2 dependent visa. I have the following query regarding ILR.

1) If I apply for ILR do I have to change my wife and son visas form Tier2 dependent to ILR dependent and my wife & son have to wait for another 5 years for ILR?

2) If I don't change my wife(Tier2 dependent) and son's(Tier2 dependent) Visa does it cause any problem coming to UK if we fly out of the country when I get my ILR?

3) Will it be better to wait until march 2018 when my wife qualifies for ILR and apply all together (me, my wife and son)?

4) Is their any other type of VISA for my son's Visa as he is born in UK other than Tier2 dependent VISA for ILR?

Can you please reply to the above queries.

Many Thanks in advance. your help on this is much appreciated
Best Regards
MJB2017.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR(Tier2 General) Application for Main And Dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am

1. No. They or wife only can continue as PBS Dependents if you are applying for ILR based on PBS route 5 years residence.

2. No issues.

3. Your choice.

4. No. Do you plan on registering your son as British citizen??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjb2017
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by mjb2017 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for your reply.

question regarding the 4 Answer.
4)My son is currently holding Indian passport and has a Tier2 dependent Visa. After my ILR What type of VISA of can I apply for my Son (MN1).

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 am

mn1 is not a visa.
it is registration of kids born in uk, and when either of their parents have achieved ilr status.
if you do not want him to be british, u could wait till your partner gets ilr, and then u can apply for kids ilr as well.

mjb2017
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR (Tier2 General dependent) Application List od documents

Post by mjb2017 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi All,

I have a question regarding applying ILR for my wife(dependent) application.

1. The 5 year qualification should be considered from the date of visa issued in India or is it should be considered from the date she first came to UK?

2. If anyone has recently applied for Tier2 General dependent application can you please share the list of documents?

Many Thanks
Best Regards
MJB2017