ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Syrian Cousin Wants to Visit the UK from Germany

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cloud123
Newly Registered

Syrian Cousin Wants to Visit the UK from Germany

Post by cloud123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi,

My cousin is a Syrian national, he is in full time university education in Germany. He would like to visit the UK for a few days. He is on a student visa. And has around 1000-2000 Euro in his bank account. I am his only relative in Europe.

Is it better to say the main reason for his visit is tourism or visiting family?

Long time ago I used to hear that if you say you want to visit a family member you are more likely to be refused as they will assume that you are going to overstay or something like that.

Nowadays I never hear of any Syrian's visa application being accepted to go to nearly anywhere. Even though many of them genuinely want to visit for a few days and have all documents to support that. Very frustrating, I haven't seen my family for more than 10 years :(

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

ouflak1

Re: Syrian Cousin Wants to Visit the UK from Germany

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:59 pm

cloud123 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:02 pm
I haven't seen my family for more than 10 years :(
Would you be willing to go visit them? Possibly much much simpler, depending on your nationality and visa status in the UK.