ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion with EEA(FM) application - Need advice!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madeline0601
Newly Registered
United States of America

Confusion with EEA(FM) application - Need advice!

Post by madeline0601 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Hello!

I am an American married to a Romanian who is a qualified person living and working in the UK. A little background: We got married January 6 2018, came to the UK January 12. I received a stamp saying "admitted to the United Kingdom under the immigration (EEA) regulations 2016" after showing the officer our marriage license. My husband has a job that started January 15 2018. The EEA(FM) application requires three months of payslips and bank statements. So, a few questions.

1) Can we only apply only once he has three months of payslips in the UK? Or can he provide bank statements from Romania? (his job is the same company, different country office)?

2) How long do I have with this stamp in my passport before we have to turn in our EEA(FM) application?

Any advice is welcome. This application is daunting!

-Madeline

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: Confusion with EEA(FM) application - Need advice!

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:04 am

madeline0601 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 pm
Hello!

I am an American married to a Romanian who is a qualified person living and working in the UK. A little background: We got married January 6 2018, came to the UK January 12. I received a stamp saying "admitted to the United Kingdom under the immigration (EEA) regulations 2016" after showing the officer our marriage license. My husband has a job that started January 15 2018. The EEA(FM) application requires three months of payslips and bank statements. So, a few questions.

1) Can we only apply only once he has three months of payslips in the UK? Or can he provide bank statements from Romania? (his job is the same company, different country office)?

2) How long do I have with this stamp in my passport before we have to turn in our EEA(FM) application?

Any advice is welcome. This application is daunting!

-Madeline
1) Is it a British company? Anyway better have UK payslips, while you wait you can also collect bills and documents on both names to prove that you are living together.

2) You will not be illegal in the UK being a spouse of EEA citizen but it's very hard to get a job without the Residence Card.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:42 am

Having less than 3 months of payslips is not a problem. I remember we could send only one for my EU citizen wife during our EEA_QP + EEA_FM applications. Just do not forget to add a declaration letter (from your spouse) generally explaining your situation and tell them that he will share other payslips and documents as he receives, and then post them montly (2 or 3 more) with a short cover letter referring to your application.

Home office will need payslips and/or other documents issued in UK so apply when you have them. The documents can be divided into 2 catagories; documents showing your continuing togetherness (tenancy agreement, utility bills, council tax, TV license,etc.), the others showing how do you live (payslips, bank statements, employer statement,etc.).

From our experience as a family I would suggest that try to get some utility bills to your name and others to your spouse's name (we luckily had most of them in both names). Do not focus on stamps or any other detail on your passport, moreover believe me the most important point is what the EU citizen is doing in the UK, if he/she is currently working and can prove it, that makes the application easy. So please get some payslips for your spouse and ask his employer to put his salary into his bank account so that the income can be proven officially.

Instead of applying to EEA_FM by post and waiting for passports for 6 months, apply for EEA_QP online and add yourself to this application as dependant. Then take all documents to nearest office (google it) where they will copy passports and others and give them back to you (then they send all certified copies to Home office on behalf of you).

Good luck
I love science

madeline0601
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by madeline0601 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Thank you for your reply! I saw that I could apply online with the EEA(QP), but I was confused, simply because it wasn't the EEA(FM) application. It seems like this is a really good option considering I don't have to send my passport and documents away for 6 months. I am also glad we can send what pay slips we do already have (one from a half month of January, and one for February). We have a the TV licence letter with my name, and our council tax with both of us on it. It is a good idea to write a declaration letter to accompany.

How many documents would you recommend to prove our relationship? Would a few letters and some pictures suffice?

Thank you for your help!

madeline0601
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by madeline0601 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:21 pm

To clarify, he works for a British company that is a branch of a larger German company all over Europe. So while it is a British LTD, his boss is in Germany, so getting the letter with his signature is a bit complicated.