ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring dependent/spouse when main applicant's visa expires in four months

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rumaisua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Sponsoring dependent/spouse when main applicant's visa expires in four months

Post by Rumaisua » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:56 am

Hi,

I am currently preparing my application for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Dependent visa, outside UK, as I have recently married. My husband (sponsor) lives in UK and has Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Extension. However, his Tier 1 is about to expire in 4 months' time.

Can I apply for Tier 1 Dependent on the basis of my husband's Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa when all he has got is four more months of validity ??? He intends to invite me to UK through Tier 1 dependent visa, and then convert my Tier 1 dependent to spouse visa through another application while he applies for ILR for himself.

Awaiting reply,
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsoring dependent/spouse when main applicant's visa expires in four months

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:52 am

Can I apply for Tier 1 Dependent on the basis of my husband's Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa when all he has got is four more months of validity ???
Yes, but you will only get a visa valid for as long as his visa is valid.
He intends to invite me to UK through Tier 1 dependent visa, and then convert my Tier 1 dependent to spouse visa through another application while he applies for ILR for himself.

It will be simpler to wait till he has ILR and then apply directly for a spouse settlement visa if he meets all the requirements.

On what basis is he applying for ILR, Tier 1 Ent 5 years or 10 years long residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rumaisua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Sponsoring dependent/spouse when main applicant's visa expires in four months

Post by Rumaisua » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:52 pm

Thanks for your reply. Well he is applying for ILR on the basis of Tier 1 Entrepreneur. The reason he wants me to be in UK before he applies for ILR is because ILR on an average is taking 6 months to a year to be processed nowadays. So if I wait outside UK till he gets his ILR, it can take us up to a year staying away from each other.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:23 am

That’s true. I would say you can apply ( a bit of finances involved).

Make a decision together!! :D

See if he can apply for ILR under premium same day service. (You can than apply as his dependant at the same time).
-- Kaps84

Rumaisua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Do Main Applicant's copies need to be attested by a solicitor ??

Post by Rumaisua » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 am

Hi,

I am preparing Tier 1 Dependent application (outside UK) on the basis of my husband's Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa. I understand, I have to attach my husband's (Main Applicant) copies of passport, BRP, tenancy, etc, in my dependent visa application. Do these copies need to be attested by a solicitor or could I just attach non attested copies?

Awaiting reply,
Regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:46 am

Hi,

I successfully applied for my wife from india in December when I had about 5 months tier 1 left. Your husband is absolutely right that ILR application may prolong your plans together that is exactly the reason I applied for my wife and she was given visa (vignette and no BRP) for the length of my visa. I have spoken to home office upon her arrival and less than 6 month validity entry clearances do not get a BRP. Documents submitted were Maintenance funds, tenancy agreement, marriage certificate, copied of my passport and brp, chat and call history this is an absolute must if you're recently married, a lot of pictures and a letter from accountant confirming my earnings and affordability towards subsisten, and leisure etc this may not be necessary but I included.

If you're in India VFS give you an option to speed up the process time from 4 weeks to just 5 days, we paid about 18000 INR for this and visa was promptly delivered on following Monday as we applied on Monday.

You may go ahead as limited visa is not a constraint, wish you all the best.

Regards,

P Kumar

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Do Main Applicant's copies need to be attested by a solicitor ??

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am

Rumaisua wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 am
Hi,

I am preparing Tier 1 Dependent application (outside UK) on the basis of my husband's Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa. I understand, I have to attach my husband's (Main Applicant) copies of passport, BRP, tenancy, etc, in my dependent visa application. Do these copies need to be attested by a solicitor or could I just attach non attested copies?

Awaiting reply,
Regards.
No need to attest
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:25 am

kaps84 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:23 am
That’s true. I would say you can apply ( a bit of finances involved).

Make a decision together!! :D

See if he can apply for ILR under premium same day service. (You can than apply as his dependant at the same time).
OP has said ILR is on the basis of T1E. There is no premium same day service. And anyway, OP (dependant) is overseas, so can't do same day application either.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:47 pm

OP has said ILR is on the basis of T1E. There is no premium same day service. And anyway, OP (dependant) is overseas, so can't do same day application either.
Thanks for correcting me @marcnath. I thought ILR is ILR (doesn't matter if based on T1E). Yeah, you are right, they can't apply at the same time.
-- Kaps84