ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce impact for PBS dependency to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sddxac
Newly Registered

divorce impact for PBS dependency to apply for ILR

Post by sddxac » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am

My wife is on PBS dependency visa of me since Jan 2014. What is the earliest time to apply for ILR for her? We are in divorce discussion but I still want to support her IRL even if we get a divorce. How will divorce impact the application? How can she still get IRL even if we divorce before Jan 2019?

vinny

Re: divorce impact for PBS dependency to apply for ILR

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:29 am

319E wrote:(e) The marriage or civil partnership, or relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, must be genuine and subsisting at the time the application is made.
(f) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must intend to live permanently with the other as their spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner.
fail.

She cannot get ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sddxac
Newly Registered

Post by sddxac » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm

hi Vinny, thanks for your reply. We have not divorced yet. Even if we remain in the marriage until Jan 2019, she can not get IRL? I thought she can cos we will still be in marrage.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:11 pm

sddxac wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm
hi Vinny, thanks for your reply. We have not divorced yet. Even if we remain in the marriage until Jan 2019, she can not get IRL? I thought she can cos we will still be in marrage.
You will still not be in a subsisting relationship, and will not be intending to live together permanently and hence vinny's point will still be valid.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors