ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salaray on ILR application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sreejithsutheepan
Newly Registered
India

Salaray on ILR application

Post by sreejithsutheepan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 am

Hi again,
I am on tier 2 general at the moment and will be applying for ILR shortly.

I was going thorough ILR application form and it ask for your salary after tax and national insurance contributions.
In this part should i write my sponsored employment salary??
Should I include anywhere about the self employment (same job class upto 20 hours a week)salary anywhere?
It is mentioned in the guidance that I can include only one salary.
But a bit confused and worried that if I don’t declare self employed salary will it be classed as deception.

Thanks in advance

Echoes
United Kingdom

Re: Salaray on ILR application

Post by Echoes » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am

You should enter your income from primary employment.

Self employment is not permitted under Tier-2 so you might be in trouble if you've been working for yourself.

sreejithsutheepan
Newly Registered
India

Post by sreejithsutheepan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
I think my case comes under this category
Individuals sponsored under Tier 2 and Tier 5 are allowed, in limited circumstances, to undertake other work in addition to that for which their Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) was assigned. This is called supplementary employment.

Supplementary employment conditions
Supplementary employment can be undertaken with any employer and they do not have to be a licensed sponsor.
Supplementary employment does not have to meet the resident labour market test requirements.
The sponsored individual does not have to inform UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) that they are undertaking supplementary employment.
The employer is not obliged to undertake any reporting or record keeping duties whilst the sponsored individual is completing supplementary employment.
The sponsored individual must still be employed with their current sponsor.
However, supplementary employment must:

Be either:
A job on the Shortage Occupation List; or
A job in the same profession and at the same professional level as the work for which the Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned. And,
Be for no more than 20 hours per week; and
Be conducted outside of the normal working hours for which the Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Supplementary employment is NOT the same as self employment, which is what you have stated.

Your supplementary employment must be PAYE and you must be on a payroll with the second employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.