ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS General Over 3 years Dependent fees

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

it-consultant
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 PBS General Over 3 years Dependent fees

Post by it-consultant » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi

I am a new member and have went through many posts but could not find what I was looking for. Apologies if this has already been discussed before.

I am on Tier 2 General PBS RLMT (over 3 years). Valid from May 2014-May 2019. My Tier 2 dependent wife gave birth to our daughter who now has an Indian passport. We are now applying for her dependent visa from within the UK.

The question is with just around 14 months left on my visa, do I need to pay the higher fees for "More than 3 years" and not "Upto 3 years". The difference is huge (£1354 vs £677) and combined with the fees I will have to foot for an ILR in just about a year just makes it ridiculously expensive.

I follow the proper channels of calling UKVI where a) Different contact centre staff me conflicting advise on one saying go with lower fees/under 3 years (I asked for confirmation on email and they declined) and the other staff saying exactly opposite. b) Called up citizen advise bureau and got pretty much a vague answer.

Has anyone had experience with this and what is the best way to go for this ?

Thanks for the help
Cheers

aja
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 PBS General Over 3 years Dependent fees

Post by aja » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:05 pm

When you apply for PBS dependent visa, the dependents are issued their visa in line with Primary applicant's existing visa end date.
So, in your case, it has to be upto 3 years as your current leave expires in 14 months.

it-consultant
Newly Registered
India

Post by it-consultant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 am

Thanks for the quick response. I want to obviously go ahead with what you are suggesting as it's 1) logical and 2) cost saving for me.

I am just concerned about no formal documentation for this anywhere I could find and don't want be in the situation where UKVI rejects for a stupid reason and I am worse off. The answer you have provided - is that based on experience/precedent or some document?

Really appreciate the quick help.
Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:08 am

Daughter's leave may be subject to 319I.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 am

Hi,

Please refer to Point 44 and 45 in the Guidance document.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2-2018.pdf

it-consultant
Newly Registered
India

Post by it-consultant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:18 pm

thanks @vinny and @aja

I should have mentioned this before I think but the real pedantic problem I have is -

When you start a dependent application online, it asks you a question "What is the length of Mr X's Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? ". The options are 1) over 3 years or 2) under 3 years. Now technically my CoS was 5 years originally even if 14 months are now left. If I select over 3 years , at the end of application I get the payment page asking me for £1354.

So I think articulating my question better - When filling the application, interpreting this question is the key here
Q: "What is the length of Mr X's Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?" - do they mean "what was the original length" or is it "whats is the remaining length"

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Remaining time may be more relevant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ZGill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZGill » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi,
Can I please ask finally which fee did you pay less than 3 years or more than 3 years as your original Cos as I am now in the exact situation.
Thanks

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi,
I am exactly in the same situation. What was your conclusion please? I am super confused :(

it-consultant wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi

I am a new member and have went through many posts but could not find what I was looking for. Apologies if this has already been discussed before.

I am on Tier 2 General PBS RLMT (over 3 years). Valid from May 2014-May 2019. My Tier 2 dependent wife gave birth to our daughter who now has an Indian passport. We are now applying for her dependent visa from within the UK.

The question is with just around 14 months left on my visa, do I need to pay the higher fees for "More than 3 years" and not "Upto 3 years". The difference is huge (£1354 vs £677) and combined with the fees I will have to foot for an ILR in just about a year just makes it ridiculously expensive.

I follow the proper channels of calling UKVI where a) Different contact centre staff me conflicting advise on one saying go with lower fees/under 3 years (I asked for confirmation on email and they declined) and the other staff saying exactly opposite. b) Called up citizen advise bureau and got pretty much a vague answer.

Thanks for the help
Cheers

varma24365
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by varma24365 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:49 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 pm
Hi,
I am exactly in the same situation. What was your conclusion please? I am super confused :(

it-consultant wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi

Thanks for the help
Cheers
Hi All,

Same situation ,looking for answers

Shipporah
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shipporah » Tue May 07, 2019 11:25 am

Hi all,
We are in a similar situation. How did you end up applying. Please help. Thank you

ahmed4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. Does anyone know the exact answer? :(

Ahmed

Andrew2020
United Kingdom

Post by Andrew2020 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi all;

Please check the below topic.

Thanks
Andrew

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/over ... 62335.html

ahmed4
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahmed4 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:06 am

Hi all,

Check this thread as well. This guy got the visa for his daughter by selecting "3 years or less" option though the length of his CoS was "more than 3 years". The visa was issued in line with the remaining time (in his case 10 months) not the actual length of his COS

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 60850.html

Regards,
Ahmed