ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK - Proof of identity taken to test centre

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abidabz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Life in the UK - Proof of identity taken to test centre

Post by abidabz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello again guys,

i did my life in the uk test last week.

instead of taking my BRP , i selected driving licence as proof of identity from drop down menu because i carry it all the time with me.

Now i read guidelines online , and home office website states that if you have a valid BRP , you must take it to test centre as proof of identity.

i am confused now , shall i take the test again or it doesn't really matter?
Off Topic
( The Life in the UK Test website will give you all the help you need, including mouse and
keyboard training to build your IT skills. To find your nearest test centre visit the website
and click onto the link “Test Centres”. You must book a test in advance. There is
considerable demand and you are advised to book early. Prior to taking the test you will be
asked to confirm your identity by producing one of the following:
• Your biometric residence permit
• Your passport
• Home Office Travel Document
• Home Office entitlement card
• Home Office ARC letter
• Photo driving licence
If you have a biometric residence permit, you must use it as evidence of identity to take
the test.
)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in the UK - Proof of identity taken to test centre

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm

shall i take the test again
No.
or it doesn't really matter?
Not an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RJLK

Re: Life in the UK - Proof of identity taken to test centre

Post by RJLK » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi,

No worries. I have done the same and had my test on 24 February. I just took my driving licence (identity proof) and bank statements (address proof) to the test centre. But they have not asked my bank statements. When I told them I have bank statements they replied we have considered your licence for both identity and address proof.

Anyway better to take bank statements as well if you can.

Cheers,
Rj..