ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences Letter from Employer - Help please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aragon1

Absences Letter from Employer - Help please.

Post by Aragon1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi IB,

I'm prepping all the documents for my Tier 2 to ILR application. There seems lot of confusion about Absences Letter(s) from Employer from reading many posts in this forum.

Do we need three separate letters?

1) Letter confirming employment, salary, on-going requirement etc.
2) Letter with list of leaves
3) Letter with list of out-side UK holidays.

Or would a single letter with all the above will do?

Do we need justify/clarify if the number of out-side UK days is more than the number of leave days (due to weekends etc)?

Can anyone please provide a recently used template of the letter(s) from the employer? The stickied templates seems outdated.

Many thanks..

Aragon1

Re: Absences Letter from Employer - Help please.

Post by Aragon1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Sorry to bump, but please can anyone help? :(

Akorotaeva

Re: Absences Letter from Employer - Help please.

Post by Akorotaeva » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:03 pm

It's ok to provide a single letter with all the info.

I suggest you give your line manager or HR a list of absences from the UK like this:

DEPARTURE FROM UK: June 1st 2017
RETURN TO UK: June 7th 2017
DAYS ABSENT: 5
REASON: paid annual leave in USA

or something like this.

If you're only gone for a weekend (e.g. leave on a Friday and return on a Sunday), then get the employer to state your working pattern is Mon-Fri.

Numbers of days actually absent will easily be higher than annual leave days in your agreement as the latter don't include weekends.