ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving UK then coming back ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhib
New Zealand

Leaving UK then coming back ILR

Post by mhib » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi,

I am currently on tier 2 visa and have been here for over 3 years now. I am now intending to leave the UK due to the cyclic nature of my work (bottom of the cycle at the ,moment). My question is, would I be allowed to come into the UK again on another tier 2 visa (after more than the 24 months -cooling off period). If yes, will I be able to stay for the whole 5 years again, or will I loose the 3 years I have already used? Also, for ILR purposes, will I need to restart the the count for 5 years? or will the 3 years I have already done count?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leaving UK then coming back ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:57 pm

The cooling off period is only 12 months, counted from the day you leave the UK.

A new Tier 2 after the cooling off period allows you to stay for a new 6 year period on Tier 2 General and you can apply for ILR after 5 years on a new Tier 2 General visa, if you meet all the requirements.

You lose the 3 years your have already been in the UK on this visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mhib
New Zealand

Re: Leaving UK then coming back ILR

Post by mhib » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks alot... better than I though, but not as good as i was wishing for i guess :D