ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minamikhail
Newly Registered
Egypt

Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by minamikhail » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:15 am

Hi all,

I have a question regarding a tier 2 visa extension.

When is the earliest I can apply to extend my visa? my current visa expires 28th June 2018. Some people are saying 28 days before the visa expires, others are saying within 3 months.

My next question is, what should be the start date of the new application? is it the last day of the visa's expiry? 28th June 2018, or the day after, 29th June 2018?

Many thanks

cracker1234

Re: Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by cracker1234 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:27 am

you can apply anytime before your T2 visa expires.
Start and end date will be as per the CoS. You can stay max 6 years with T2. If max stay going beyond 6 years, HO will adjust the end date. Hope that helps.

saliame
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Visa Extension

Post by saliame » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 am

Hi,

Whenever you want to apply however the start date shouldn't be more than 3 months in future.

Say if your start date is 29th June, then you shouldn't apply before 29th March.

Start date can be adjusted accordingly depending what you and your employer agree upon but usually it is the day after current leave ends in this case 29th June assuming you applying for an extension with the same employer.

KR,

S