ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion...

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viral_uk
Newly Registered

Confusion...

Post by viral_uk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 pm

hi,
i want to apply for canada immigration under the federal skill worker programme. i want to submit an application in a day or two, but i am cofused about the number of persons to be included in the form. i will include my life partner once my case get throgh. what about the fee shall it be 550+550 or just single applicant fee of 550CAD. and how long it takes to get a case process from uk and i will be here for till November 30, 2008 and dont about future, may be i will extend my visa further or will leave for my home country? in that case what will happen to my case?

Richter

Re: Confusion...

Post by Richter » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:56 am

viral_uk wrote:hi,
i am cofused about the number of persons to be included in the form. i will include my life partner once my case get throgh.
What do you mean? Are you applying as a couple or are you planning to sponsor your partner when you have PR? If as a couple, same form, you pay twice the single applicant fee.

Current wait approx 5 years for applications received between Sept 06 and 27 Feb 08. However, when that backlog cleared and for applications received post 27 Feb 08 (ie yours) they will no longer process every application and are likely to pick applications to process based on people who would be of benefit to Canada (probably based on job and experience).

This will speed things up but not until the five-year queue has been dealt with. Safe to say you won't be out there in 2008.

I think you have a choice of applying through your place of residency or home country. If you may be going home, would it not be best to apply from there? You can still do that now.

nomlah
BANNED

Re: Confusion...

Post by nomlah » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:49 pm

viral_uk wrote:hi,
i want to apply for canada immigration under the federal skill worker programme. i want to submit an application in a day or two, but i am cofused about the number of persons to be included in the form. i will include my life partner once my case get throgh. what about the fee shall it be 550+550 or just single applicant fee of 550CAD. and how long it takes to get a case process from uk and i will be here for till November 30, 2008 and dont about future, may be i will extend my visa further or will leave for my home country? in that case what will happen to my case?

Hi,
Apply from backhome and forget for three four years, before filling in application study all details on official web site of Dept of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Webmaster,
-> Announcements -> Policy change regarding member websites-> Announcements -> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business

Immigration_facts
BANNED

Post by Immigration_facts » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:47 am

Hi there,

Good discussion.

For further information, visit:

Good luck.