ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What chances of getting a new visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babyflo
Newly Registered

What chances of getting a new visa?

Post by babyflo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:55 pm

In behalf of my friend, she's a nurse in a private nursing home she got a working visa issued 2004 and valid till 2009. She resigned and looking for a new job but after being jobless for almost 2 months now she finally able to get a new job and her new employer woking her new visa in HO. What do you think her chances of getting a new visa?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: What chances of getting a new visa?

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:42 pm

babyflo wrote:In behalf of my friend, she's a nurse in a private nursing home she got a working visa issued 2004 and valid till 2009. She resigned and looking for a new job but after being jobless for almost 2 months now she finally able to get a new job and her new employer woking her new visa in HO. What do you think her chances of getting a new visa?
If it was a Work Permit, none. She should have felt the UK within 28 days of finishing work.

I'm not a WP guru but I think her new employer will have to make an out-of-country WP application, ur friend will need to apply for EC from her home country.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

babyflo
Newly Registered

Post by babyflo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:22 am

thanks for the reply: wanderer

Actually I am a bit worried in her situation that she's been out of job for the last or almost 2 months and the only valid visa she's having is the one with her previous employer. worried in a way that her work permit is not valid anymore and she is overstaying here or what? I am almost to the point to call the HO to ask an advice about her situation but I am worried that I might be involve in her case or what since she's staying in my house at the moment bec she's running out of money.

do you think how long her working visa valid while she's out of job and the previous employer need to report to the HO about her situation that she's no longer working with them etc..?

all advice are highly appreciated.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:28 pm

babyflo wrote:In behalf of my friend, she's a nurse in a private nursing home she got a working visa issued 2004 and valid till 2009. She resigned and looking for a new job but after being jobless for almost 2 months now she finally able to get a new job and her new employer woking her new visa in HO. What do you think her chances of getting a new visa?
This query was discussed here a few weeks ago, when your friend had posted the question herself. She was advised at the time to get her new employer to apply for a WP on her behalf and had been warned that she'd have to make an out of country application for EC etc. She should count herself lucky that the HO has postponed the implementation of rules in relation to overstayers until 10/2008. She should stop dithering and follow the advice she has been given already..

babyflo
Newly Registered

Post by babyflo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:29 pm

[quote="thirdwave[/quote]

This query was discussed here a few weeks ago, when your friend had posted the question herself. She was advised at the time to get her new employer to apply for a WP on her behalf and had been warned that she'd have to make an out of country application for EC etc. She should count herself lucky that the HO has postponed the implementation of rules in relation to overstayers until 10/2008. She should stop dithering and follow the advice she has been given already..[/quote]

Hi i appreciate your concern re this matter. I didn't know that she posted a query here already bec she didn't tell me. Anyway, thanks for the advice.