ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cat1234
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa

Post by cat1234 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

Hi,

I am an Australian girl, wanted to move to the UK to be with my fiance. We submitted an application for a Fiance Visa for me about 3 weeks ago, and waiting for it is driving me insane.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any indication of how likely we are to be successful or if there is anything we can do to further support our application.
With the inital application we sent in a letter of support from my fiance, outlining our rental arangement (as he was privately renting off friends) and his income/employment details. We also sent a bank statement for the last 2 months (which he has an overdraft on and is currently using, which worries me).
We have (after that inital application) forwarded them a copy of his passport and his P60 for the last year. He has just got a lease on a new house and is intending to post a copy of that asap.
Basically I am wondering if they can deny us for lack of information or anything similar. He earns approximately 1500 a month and after bills has about 600 spare, but is in an overdraft he has had with the bank for ages. I was wondering if the overdraft will affect the application.
Any information or stories of similar applications would be much appreciated. I guess I'm after piece of mind, or help providing more documents!

drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Last edited by drsquirrel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cricket11
Newly Registered

Post by cricket11 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi

I sympathise with you -it is very nerve racking.

Ours just came through seemingly without any problems - I earn a v. similar amount to your fiance and have similar outgoings too, but I do have ~3 k in savings, so not sure how that affected it. I think it also counts how much prospect of stable employment you have too.

cricket11
Newly Registered

Post by cricket11 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 pm

BTW - in reply to DrSquirrel - you don't have to get married at one of the larger registry offices - but you do have to give notice of your marriage at one.

drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Last edited by drsquirrel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cat1234
Newly Registered

Post by cat1234 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:33 pm

I forgot to mention that part - I emailed the local registry office and they sent me back a reply saying that we can't book anything until we are both in the country. I included this in the inital application as 'proof' we are intending to get married... I know it was very lose 'proof' but I had nothing else I could include, we are not after a big wedding, so dont have any photographers or florists booked etc.....

drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 pm

Last edited by drsquirrel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frances2

Post by frances2 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:27 am

Having recently successfully got a fiance visa, let me tell you, you do not and can not have details of a wedding that has been arranged... We didn't and it clearly states in the rules this is not necessary.

However we both mentioned it in our covering letters, and how we would fund it.

As for your partners finances, they're not great.... We submitted 6 months pay slips, 6 months bank statements, and also wrote out a budget showing incomings/outgoings. After you marry in the UK, you will be able to work, have you included any evidence to show yourself as employable?

drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:44 pm

Last edited by drsquirrel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frances2

Post by frances2 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:17 pm

drsquirrel wrote:The guidance notes, under INF4 states this
How do I qualify to join my fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner in the UK?
You must show that:

* you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months)

* you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership
* you have met each other before
* there is somewhere for you and your dependants to live until you get married or register a civil partnership, and you will be able to live without help from public funds, and
* you and your dependants can be supported without working or claiming any help from public funds.

You will be allowed to stay in the UK for six months but without permission to work. When you are married or have registered a civil partnership, you can apply for a two-year extension to your visa and, if your application is granted, you will be allowed to work. Near the end of this time, you can apply to stay in the UK permanently. Before we can give you permission to stay in the UK permanently, you will need to pass the 'Life in the UK' test.
You must show that you plan to marry. So anything can help. You saying "you cannot have..." is a bit silly, they will really deny someone because they plan to get married, when the whole point is so you can get married in that 6 months?

I also have other guidance notes from UKVisas (on paper, I cant find it online right now). That states...
If you are a fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner please provide details of ny plans that are in place for your marriage/civil partnership ceremony.
"Silly" or not, I'm speaking from direct personal experience, from within the last month. We got a fiance visa without any evidence of a marriage being booked, because you can't book a wedding whilst someone is not in the country.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:51 pm

frances2 wrote:"Silly" or not, I'm speaking from direct personal experience, from within the last month. We got a fiance visa without any evidence of a marriage being booked, because you can't book a wedding whilst someone is not in the country.
Frances, the HO is asking for plans to marry or register, not evidence of booking.

cricket11
Newly Registered

Post by cricket11 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi

I booked our ceremony long before my fiancee arrived in the country. Just don't tell them that he/she is immigration restricted. No need to do that till you book the appt. to give notice.