ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment question for a tier one entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AK57
Newly Registered
India

Investment question for a tier one entrepreneur visa

Post by AK57 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 pm

I just got my visa approved. I am not a medical professional but is it possible to invest in a Surgery which is a private ltd co? I am being offered a director’s position in the co.
Thanks in advance.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Investment question for a tier one entrepreneur visa

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:46 pm

I don't see why not. The medical industry is full of non medical professionals. Market and finance professionals for example.

What was the business plan you applied with? You are allowed to change businesses just expect more scrutiny on genuineness at extension

AK57
Newly Registered
India

Post by AK57 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:04 am

My original Business Plan was releted to travel industry but due to Brexit there are lot of uncertainties now. So I have to look for different options.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:32 am

AK57 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:04 am
My original Business Plan was releted to travel industry but due to Brexit there are lot of uncertainties now. So I have to look for different options.
It seems HO is already taking genuineness much more seriously (for example many are now interviewed for a few hours at place of business). My personal assumption (based on the amount of cases that seem to be not genuine including as often seen on this forum. Again personal assumption) this genuineness approach will grow much more over the next few years (if you think about it, it is probably the most important attribute to look at).

As you just entered the route, you already knew of Brexit when applying for your visa with any associated market research. So "Brexit uncertainties" should already have been taken into account.

It is absolutely allowed and normal to change businesses (I did), but one would expect a modicum of connection to your past business (instead of a travel agency you pivot to a website promoting sailing tourism in Wales) and if there is not there may be more alarm bells going off in CW's mind. And to that you have to be very careful in a clear entrepreneurial story for the new business (and if you do, you are fine)

Which leads me to the next point. When you are joining an existing business rather than starting a new one (which is clear entrepreneurship) it could be seen, sometimes, as less entrepreneurial (joining a business of 3 people and doubling the amount of jobs is great, joining a business of say 60 and adding two jobs just does not seem that entrepreneurial the fluctuation of jobs of such size 3.3% could happen in normal course of business, you added nothing)

Again joining an existing surgery is absolutely fine, if it all makes a lot of sense in the entrepreneurial story.

AK57
Newly Registered
India

Post by AK57 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks for your insight. It makes sense what you are saying.