ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have anyone done this before?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_prey
Newly Registered

Have anyone done this before?

Post by hsmp_prey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:44 pm

I am in UK from last 4 years on HSMP, this September final extension. You can say 1+3+1 category.

I want to know how many of you or you know have ever did this?

I have everything but degree, £35K salary, English certificate, UK experience age 30, but no degree.

I am planning to apply without degree and ask them to extend my final year, as I believe degree has no importance where I stand now. And being objected only because don’t have degree doesn’t justify.

So what you guys thinks?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Have anyone done this before?

Post by gotcha » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:53 pm

hsmp_prey wrote: So what you guys thinks?
There is no way, you can extend it,without degree level education. I fear, you have to see other root, like tier2.

hsmp_prey
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_prey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:17 pm

you are right, it seems impossible, but has anyone ever tried this before?

I will definitely try this before even thinking about another route. I have no problem in securing a work permit even without applying for extension for hsmp. But I am not sure whether my tenure will start again from scratch for 5 years under work permit. If that’s the case than court would be better option than work permit.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 pm

hsmp_prey wrote:you are right, it seems impossible, but has anyone ever tried this before?

I will definitely try this before even thinking about another route.
If you are interested in wasting £750 , then its fine.
If that’s the case than court would be better option than work permit.
How could that be better option ? Can you explain.

hsmp_prey
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_prey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:12 pm

flipin hell is it £750? I thought its £350. anyway

Because in case of rejection due to no degree, I can prove that this is completely irrelevant to me. Thats the beauty of UK, you can be heard.

Yes if I wasn’t earning much, and had some other problem like with language or any offense etc, than I probably wouldn’t be thinking like that.

What if tomorrow they say who haven’t got PhD and are over 22 years may leave? does it make sense?

Don’t accept defeat without fighting

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 pm

hsmp_prey wrote: Yes if I wasn’t earning much, and had some other problem like with language or any offense etc, than I probably wouldn’t be thinking like that.
Degree is one of attributes you mentioned.
What if tomorrow they say who haven’t got PhD and are over 22 years may leave? does it make sense?
This is been discussed lot of times. There is(or are) case(s) going on in court. But, it is like yhat only.
Don’t accept defeat without fighting
There should be clear boundry betn courage and practical attitude. If I Would have in your position, would have switched to WP long back , when degree comes in to picture some 1.5 years before.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:25 pm

apply under transitional arrangement

hsmp_prey
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_prey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:47 pm

sunny9675 wrote:apply under transitional arrangement
sorry for being naive, but whats that? :roll:

And by the way any idea if I switch to WP now, what will happen to 4 years I have spent under HSMP... all wasted? or I only have to spend another year under WP to be eligible for ILR?