ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Will my dad's visitor visa be rejected ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

URGENT - Will my dad's visitor visa be rejected ?

Post by tulipz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi all,
My dad visited me 2 years ago. At the time of the application, we mentioned 4 months as the period of intended stay. He was given a visa for 6 months. While booking the tickets, I stupidly booked for a longer stay - he returned after 5 months 18 days. This is still within the visa validity.

After reading some posts here, I realised the gravity of my stupid mistake. He is applying for his visa again now. Will it be automatically rejected? What can I do?

Dad has retired from government service. He recieves a monthly pension. So he is not financially dependent on me. He owns his house and lives with mom back in India. My mom is not travelling as she has tuition commitments for children.

Please can anyoen help?

krisbol17
Wales

Re: URGENT - Will my dad's visitor visa be rejected ?

Post by krisbol17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Intention to stay shorter or longer is fine in my opinion, he could have stayed for 2 months instead even if you said 4 months when applying. The big deal is if he OVERstayed his visa, that to me would be more of a problem then staying a bit longer than intended (within his 6 month visa).

You can always explain the mistake, as long as it's within the validity of the visa, I see no problem, because technically he was "allowed" 6 months in the UK by the Visa officer.

That's just my take on it, others might disagree.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Thank you Krisbol. I will wait to hear from others too.

I'm really really nervous. Do you want me to mention it on the cover letter and explain? My son was hospitalised around that time, so shall I give that as a reason - stating he stayed a bit longer to offer me moral support ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Note the following from the refusal of another member's family visitor visa application :
    "Whilst I acknowledge that you did not overstay the validity of the visa, the fact that you stayed in the UK for a significantly longer period than you stated undermines the credibility of your application and I am not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your proposed six weeks visit."

general-uk-immigration-forum/visit-visa ... 14152.html
    (Casa, not CR001)
    Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

krisbol17
    Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 pm

@Casa post is more informative, I would have never thought they are this strict with what you put down on your application even if you do not overstay your visa!

tulipz
    Mood:
    United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Casa wrote:
    Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:07 pm
    Note the following from the refusal of another member's family visitor visa application :
      "Whilst I acknowledge that you did not overstay the validity of the visa, the fact that you stayed in the UK for a significantly longer period than you stated undermines the credibility of your application and I am not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your proposed six weeks visit."

Exactly THIS post got me worried Casa.

Shall I mention the reason in the cover letter and explain? Or just keep quiet?

Casa
      United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:30 pm

tulipz wrote:
      Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm
      Casa wrote:
      Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Exactly THIS post got me worried Casa.

Shall I mention the reason in the cover letter and explain? Or just keep quiet?
        Definitely! Note the additional issue which featured in the refusal in the link:
        "The documents you have submitted do not explain why you stayed in the UK longer than you said intended to, how you supported yourself in the UK during this extended and apparently unplanned stay or how you met your financial obligations and maintained your affairs in Pakistan during this time."
        (Casa, not CR001)
        Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:08 pm

I concur with Casa. An explanatory letter, with proof of your son's health at the time and proof that your mother has commitments in India and will not be coming, will all strengthen your father's application.
        I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.