ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization(AN) - Employment Section

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidAish90
Newly Registered
United States of America

Naturalization(AN) - Employment Section

Post by sidAish90 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Dear Members

Could you please have look in following question in relation to AN application form which I am going to submit in 3 weeks time.

1 - I got ILR on 3rd April 2017, am I eligible to apply for Naturalization on 3rd April 2018 through NCS services ?(although i got (via same days service) ILR 28 days before the completion of Tier2 5 years).

2 - For last 7 years I was full time employed with different employers but now i started contracting and i registered my limited company In December and start trading in February and received 1st payment from my client in march 2018, so how can I fill employment section where the guidance says;

"Self-employed applicants If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self-Assessment Statement of Account."

At the moment I have not setup for PAYE and no self assessment.

???

3- My sister is also going to apply for Naturalization but she doesn't do any job at the moment, What information should she provide in employment section for AN form?? Is it mandatory to provide financial support or current job for naturalization?

Many thanks
Ash

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization(AN) - Employment Section

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:15 pm

1- Yes 3 April 2018 - there is no "28 days in advance" application for naturalisation, nor any fast track. ILR is under immigration rules, AN is British Nationality Law, different things.
2 - Fill in all employments and self-employment covering the period. I expect you will be doing self-assesmment and on-account payments before you apply. But I leave it to others to advise on this detail.
3 - if sister is unemployed at the time she declares this as such. There is no requirement to be employed or to provide financial information at the time of application.

Use the forum for any other questions, provide as much detail as you can (though no personal details, email addresses, etc).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sidAish90
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sidAish90 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Could someone advise please regarding point 2, do I need to do self assessment before applying naturalization although my registerd company is 3 months old??????????

Thanks @Alterhase58.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 pm

sidAish90 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Could someone advise please regarding point 2, do I need to do self assessment before applying naturalization although my registerd company is 3 months old??????????

Thanks @Alterhase58.
Having a company does not mean that you are trading. If you have not set up any PAYE or done any self assessment, maybe you should not bother including it. Your company is still too young and you will not be expected to complete self assessment till Oct if I am correct.

Being employed is not a requirement for Naturalization. If it was the case, I do not think HO would accept your company as employment as there is no proof that you are trading.

In my opinion, either you do not include it or you include it with a cover letter stating your explanation.

sidAish90
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sidAish90 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 pm

As company director, is it mandatory to provide Tax reference number in AN form (1.49) as my accountant have to apply to get it but I want to send my application in next couple of days?

Thanks Hstepper07

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:57 pm

sidAish90 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 pm
As company director, is it mandatory to provide Tax reference number in AN form (1.49) as my accountant have to apply to get it but I want to send my application in next couple of days?

Thanks Hstepper07
You will need to register your company for corporation tax within 3 months of starting to do business unless it is a dormant company.