ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xaviyar khan
Newly Registered
East Timor

ILR Long Residence

Post by Xaviyar khan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am

Hello Folks,

I writing to seek your comments on ILR 10 years. Before writing the background, I have contacted with numerous solicitors and have paid their legal fees to advise me but I am shocked that none of them has reply and off course none of them has returned my fees either.

Anyways, I came in this country in 2008 on student visa, followed by extension, I was then granted PSW and then I got entrepreneur. Subsequently I was switched on spouse visa and got extension too.

My ILR is due on long residence this years and I want to know whether HO can enquire about my activities or work on entrepreneur? Can they refuse my ILR on the basis that I did not work while I had entrepreneur visa?
by not working, will it come under deception

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

vinny

Re: ILR Long Residence

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 am

You have to satisfy the conditions of your various leave throughout the 10 year period. Not working for an employer during you Entrepeneur leave may be a good thing as it's forbidden under 245DE(b)(iii).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Xaviyar khan
Newly Registered
East Timor

Post by Xaviyar khan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

Dear Vinni,

Thank you for your advice. i appreciate it. I meant to ask that for example if i obtained an T1E visa for self employment and i did not had any self employment during that period. i could not get any work hence i decided to shirt to spouse visa. so my question is can they impose a deception tag or refuse ILR on the basis that i did not do self employment for which i obtained visa?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 am

You should be okay, if you didn't break any conditions (e.g. 245DC or 245DE(b)) of your leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.