ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Tier 2 sponsor and Dependents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malikf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Changing Tier 2 sponsor and Dependents

Post by Malikf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Dear Team,

Extremely grateful for all the help and advice that I have read on this forum.

I have a slightly silly question.

I am aware that the Dependents do not need to change visa if primary Tier 2 applicant changes sponsor and its clearly mentioned in the guidance as well.

However, has anyone had the experience of Dependents travelling outside UK and re-entering UK? One of my friend's wife was almost sent back from Manchester airport since she had not changed her visa when her husband had changed sponsors. It took a lot of argument and reassurance that she will do it ASAP.

I changed my Tier 2 sponsor in November last year. My wife and daughter are in a similar situation and are travelling soon. Their old visas expire in September 2018 I will join them and we shall come back together in mid-July 2018 to avoid any issues and to explain my point to the Border officer. I will then apply their new visas. I can't apply visa now since I need to keep maintenance funds for 3 months before I apply.

On paper, it makes sense that if the BRP and leave to remain is valid, they should be allowed to travel. The Home office said the same when I called and agreed they should be able to re-enter UK. I havr noted down the call reference number with time and date.

However, there are conflicting answers on FOI requests with some saying they can travel while others say its up to the discretion of the officer at the Border at that time how he/she interprets this guidance. The exact wording of the guidance says that "They can stay in UK as long as their Leave is valid". It does not mention travelling.

Thank you for your help in advance.