ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

problem experience, after entry clearance obtained

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pieterkley83

problem experience, after entry clearance obtained

Post by pieterkley83 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:46 pm

Good day, hope that someone can help me.

Scenario is as follows:
My previous company had twice applied for a workpermit for me, this was refused due to advert being wrong with 1st application and reference letter being questioned in 2nd application.

I left the country when my whm visa expired, and married in sa in march.
My dependency visa was granted, with full knowledge of my workpermit applications being refused.

On my return to uk I was stopped at immigration control desk and asked why my wp was previously denied.
I explained why and said I have a new dependency visa, my partner was present at heathrow.

After 3 hours the IO told us to write a letter to the homeoffice and ask them to remove my adverse record.

Could someone please help me???

Thank you very much

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 pm

pieterkley83

As you mention, it was your company who applied not you. It is not you who was refused. I do not know what the IO was thinking!

Regards

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Hello,

A bit unusual but one can expect that from the Home Office.

Just follow the recommendation of the officer.

It looks like there is a records that your visa expired and that you were due to leave the counrty (which you did).

As WP and marraige are QUITE different categories the IO could suspect you of a sham marriage and the like.

They they just tend to do their work.

pieterkley83

Post by pieterkley83 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:33 pm

thanx for help, he said i should write letter to HO.

what should i say, and to who should i address it?