ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child here for 7 continuous year

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aita
Newly Registered
India

Child here for 7 continuous year

Post by aita » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi

My daughter would be completing 7 years in UK by Nov 2018 and she is on a dependant Visa on my ICT

Tier2 long term visa. Please could you guide /advise me whether i can try and apply for ILR for her

by Nov 2018 based on child here for 7 year rule? (she would be 10 years old by Nov'18)

If it succeeds great. If not what are the implications? In particular:

1. Will there be any impact for myself and her if i renew my ICT visa through my employer which is

due by March 2020.

2. And will there be any impact when i apply for ILR on the basis of long term residence by Sep

2021?

Pervioulsy through a solicitor got updated that the courts have got tough over this and it is now

almost impossible to succeed.The rule is paragraph 276ADE(iv)."

Please may i be advised on the above. Are there any known positive outcomes as of late please and is

it worth giving a try please. Please note that I live together with my wife and my other younger

daughter and they are all on my depdendant visas.

Thanks
aita

vinny

Re: Child here for 7 continuous year

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 pm

There are no provisions to apply for child's ILR on the basis of 7-years residence in the UK.
276ADE (1). wrote:The requirements to be met by an applicant for leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK are that at the date of application, the applicant:
(iv) is under the age of 18 years and has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) and it would not be reasonable to expect the applicant to leave the UK; or
may grant limited leave, not indefinite leave.
Leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK

276BE(1). Limited leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK may be granted for a period not exceeding 30 months provided that the Secretary of State is satisfied that the requirements in paragraph 276ADE(1) are met or, in respect of the requirements in paragraph 276ADE(1)(iv) and (v), were met in a previous application which led to a grant of limited leave to remain under this sub-paragraph. Such leave shall be given subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds unless the Secretary of State considers that the person should not be subject to such a condition.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aita
Newly Registered
India

Post by aita » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Many thanks Vinny...

Thanks
aita

nivas786
Newly Registered
India

Post by nivas786 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Aita,

I'm in the same situation as you. I don't know what will happen to the ICT status if we submit the 7 years child route application. Please keep posted if you have any leads.

goeln
Newly Registered
India

Post by goeln » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Aita,

Did you get any luck? I am in the same situation, any information on this could be helpful

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:13 pm

goeln wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi Aita,

Did you get any luck? I am in the same situation, any information on this could be helpful

Thanks
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances instead of digging threads that are more than a year old and tagging on.

User 'aita' has also not visited or logged into the forum since 14th March LAST year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.